• April 4, 2020 at 3:07 pm #1939
    Janine MarinhoJanine Marinho
    Participant

Hello, I use MAC and here in PAINT tools, none of the options are active for use. How do I activate them please?

April 4, 2020 at 3:43 pm #1950
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

You can’t. Those are disabled, because they are still to be implemented by us. Paint tools will come in one of the next alpha updates. But this is one of the large features, so it will take a few months before we are ready with that.

July 23, 2022 at 3:01 pm #4921
    Absurd ExistanceAbsurd Existance
    Participant

Hello, I was wondering if there were still plans to implement color into the program soon?

July 23, 2022 at 6:15 pm #4922
    Keymaster

Well, yes. But our priorities changed a bit last year, so as I wrote about somewhere in the blog, we wanted to focus on getting AP out – and then first thing after, we will release an update (free) which includes the finished coloring features.

June 25, 2023 at 3:58 am #5793
    Arely LekArely Lek
    Participant

I hope that’s soon! I’m so excited to start coloring my ideas that it makes me impatient. Impatient in a good way because it just means that this program is incredibly fun and useful once you figure out how to use it. Still, I’m a little concerned on how long this alpha update will take to bring in colors, seeing how the oldest post that I can find that mentions “PAINT” has been since April 4, 2020.

June 25, 2023 at 8:05 am #5794
    Keymaster

Hi Arely, Yeah, the last Alpha release was almost a year ago now. We planned to go beta only a couple of months later. But we had a major unforeseen setback because our main programmer Frederik sadly had to leave the project so close to the finish line. Since then we have changed programmer 3 times, which have used a lot of time. Almost a year – very unfortunate for progress. In long periods we have had to just wait standing still. However, we are now very happy with Alex, who is our new main programmer. Things will be back to a good steady pace from now on. Alpha 8 is finished very soon and we will then go to beta and the finished release next. Very exciting!

June 26, 2023 at 12:10 am #5795
    Arely LekArely Lek
    Participant

I see! I really appreciate all members hard work and efforts, especially after all your troubles! I’m so glad you found a new main programmer that can help!

June 26, 2023 at 8:26 am #5796
    Keymaster

Yes, me too! 😉 Thank you!

September 25, 2023 at 8:48 pm #5980

Hi, I recently downloaded animation paper, and I find the software great and simple to use, but the problem is that I can not use the color palette because it does not work so I do not have much color available, can you help me about it

September 26, 2023 at 5:53 pm #5981
    Keymaster

Hi Jacques, unfortunately there’s no coloring available yet in Animation Paper. There will be.

For now, I recommend you finish your animation and cleanup in Animation Paper, then export your frames, and then color them elsewhere (like in Photoshop or the free Krita or any paint package really).

Let me know if you want me to get into more detail – or if I can help you with other questions.

Thanks,
    Niels

October 2, 2023 at 12:07 pm #5990
    kaye tkaye t
    Participant

Wanted to drop in after A VERY LONG ABSENCE…

Haven’t used the program in a long time due to my list of projects, but still patiently as well as waiting for your update for the color palette. This is exciting and understanding if your priorities has changed.

Glad to know you are still around 🙂

October 2, 2023 at 1:41 pm #5991
    Keymaster

Thanks for checking in with Animation Paper and for your patience, Kaye!

April 9, 2024 at 3:43 pm #6549
    Roman McgillRoman Mcgill
    Participant

Hello. I was wondering if there is a color pallet or something I was missing to color my animation. If there is no color pallet, what can I use to color my background or character? And when will there be a Color pallet?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Roman Mcgill.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Roman Mcgill.
    April 9, 2024 at 7:54 pm #6555
    Keymaster

Hi Roman,

Paint and coloring (and color palette) features are on our roadmap and will come in version 5.1, which is a free update from v5.0 licensholders.

This means you are not able to color using the current free pre-release (Alpha 8). However, you can easily export your animation using one of several ways – to get your animation into any paint program you might have already or any free one.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail about exporting.

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags