• May 28, 2023 at 10:51 pm #5697
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK – Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

I canโ€™t remember off the top of my head if/when we had a version for Win7. Actually I could have thought it would just work on 7. I better check this and get back to youโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‰

June 1, 2023 at 8:27 pm #5699
    Alessio ColiaAlessio Colia
    Participant

Hi Niels,

have you got any news?

June 1, 2023 at 9:11 pm #5700
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. It was only in the very beginning of development we may have supported Win 7. Any early version that can actually be used is not running on Win 7 – I’m sorry. We are using QT as our framework, and they set the level of compatibility. Nothing I can do to change that. I’m truly sorry it doesn’t work for you.

And by the way, the reason that we have this license system is because we need to test every aspect of the software. Animation Paper is free in the alpha and beta stage – but will eventually be paid software that has to have some license system – this has to be tested on a lot of users and different hardware like everything else in Animation Paper.

June 1, 2023 at 9:25 pm #5701
    Keymaster

Actually, I can see from our installation records, that a few Win7 users did actually manage to install and run Animation Paper. So at least for some it does work.

I have now dug up three old releases we’ve made. Maybe there’s a change one of them will work for you. Worth a try at least.

Here’s Alpha 1, Alpha 3 and Alpha 5…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0txhtiwegwyo19/AnimationPaper-Alpha1_x64.msi?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dp34or7qlw20pm/AnimationPaper-Alpha3_x64.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irenqfien91oage/AnimationPaper-Alpha5_x64.exe?dl=0

Fingers crossed!

June 2, 2023 at 8:11 am #5703
    Alessio ColiaAlessio Colia
    Participant

Hi Niels,

thanks for your effort, I really appreciated it.

Unfortunately no one works on my computer, it’s always”unable to connect to license server”.

So the last solution is to upgrade my operation system, or building a new computer with windows 11.

When I get the money ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t upgrade my os because I have lot of softwares running just on win7 and I will loose them.

It’s better for me to start from zero with a new awesome computer, I already knew it was a problem keeping Win7 because tecnology is going to the future and everyday there is something new and better.

But sorry if I’m making you bored, that’s my problem.

I will let you know when/if I fix this situation.

Thank you for your help and good luck for everything ๐Ÿ™‚

June 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm #5709
    Keymaster

You are definitely not boring me Alessio! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am just sad that we can’t make it work for you – and you are in this situation where you want to upgrade your system, but can’t because of other good software running only on Win7.

I hope you find a good solution that’s hopefully not too expensive. Thank you and good luck to you too!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.