• January 5, 2023 at 10:59 am #5271
    RustyRusty
    Participant

Hey ya’ll, first I want to say that I’m loving the program, especially the ability to link layers and easily create clones of drawings in the x-sheet. Great stuff.

I have, however, noticed a strange thing with the [ctrl] shortcut to adjust pencil size and opacity.

Like many, I use a tablet with shortcut buttons on the stylus. One of these buttons is mapped to ‘undo’, ctrl-z.

It seems that if I hit this shortcut button and then quickly put my stylus on the tablet to draw again, I’ll inadvertently be within the size/opacity shortcut, unable to draw until I lift my stylus again.

I was able to duplicate this behavior on my keyboard as well. If you tap the ctrl button on your keyboard and touch your stylus to your tablet quick enough you can adjust your pencil without actually holding the ctrl button.

Needless to say this caused a lot of frustration before I figured out what was going on. It honestly had felt as if my pencil was randomly changing size and opacity.

While not a huge problem, it’s a little annoying to have to wait a second after using the ‘undo’ shortcut to make sure you won’t accidentally resize your pencil while you’re trying to draw. Hope this can be fixed soon.

Like I said before, I absolutely love Animation Paper, and I hope you guys all the success in the world.

January 5, 2023 at 11:11 am #5272
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Rusty!

Wow! Thank you SO much for this. Another user just reported the same problem, but your thorough test and explanation is super valuable. Now it should be fairly simple for us to reproduce and fix this! If all goes well, we will have this fixed for the next release (Alpha 8).

Very helpful! Much appreciated!
    Niels

January 5, 2023 at 11:40 am #5273
    Keymaster

Hi again Rusty, we got an idea on maybe what could cause this. We will do a test version later today – could I ask you to try it out to see if it solves anything? I would need your email address so I can send you the test version. Please write it here or email it to me (my email address is the one you got your activation key from).

Thanks!
    Niels

January 5, 2023 at 3:30 pm #5281
    Keymaster

We now have a fix ready for you to test. I’m not completely confident it will work, but it is definitely worth a try. 😉 So please email me, so I can send it to you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.