• October 27, 2022 at 9:23 am #5085
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

Animation Paper is a very good program. Since I downloaded it, I use it a lot.

I was wandering. Is there is a possibility to resize all drawings in a level all together?

October 27, 2022 at 9:59 am #5086
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot, Bert!

It depends on what you mean. You can take your entire scene and resize it, so if you are working in 2K, you can go to 4K or vise versa. To or from any odd resolution you want. You can choose to crop or resize proportionally, etc. This is all done by going to File -> Scene Settings…

We are also working on doing floating selection (lasso) transformations on multiple or all drawings in a layer. Maybe that is what you are seeking. This is planned to be implemented in one of the next releases.

As a workaround for now, if you want to say, scale an animation up, but keep it in the same scene resolution (I mean, your drawings will fill the frame more), you can do it like this: Using “Scene Settings” I talked about above, scale your animation up, by choosing a custom resolution that fits your wanted scale (like 150% or what ever). When done, then you can go back to Scene Settings and choose your original resolution, and select the option “crop/center” to crop off the excess room at the edges. I hope this helps and makes sense!

Let me know how it goes!

Best,
    Niels

October 27, 2022 at 10:03 am #5087
    Keymaster

And by the way! When you scale up stuff in Animation Paper, it doesn’t degrade or gets blurry. It will rerender all your drawings at full crisp resolution. When you experiment with it, you will see it is sort of magical! 😉 You can try it with the lasso as well. Pick up something, and scale it up, then stamp it down and you’ll see. Maybe you already did that. 😉

October 27, 2022 at 11:28 am #5088
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response and yes it works well!

The resolution is kept as it was, so very good.

Again I like the program very much and it is a pleasure to work with!

October 27, 2022 at 7:28 pm #5089
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Bert. Appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.