• July 17, 2020 at 6:44 am #3002
    Lisette CalvilloLiccy
    Participant

So far, I’m loving this program! The design is easy on the eyes, and this is probably the most user friendly software for a beginner like me! I only have one request:
    May we please have an “Undo” button, Perhaps in the toolbar?
    I use Surface Pro 7. and I fold my keyboard back to use it like a drawing tablet, So I can’t immediately use the shortcuts. It’s also a bit time consuming and tedious to click on the menu dropdown each time I make a simple line error.
    Can’t wait for the update! I know I’ll be buying this when that time comes!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Liccy.
    July 18, 2020 at 9:30 am #3007
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Lisette!

We will make most functions available as icons (including Undo/Redo), so you can customise your interface by placing your favourite icons in the Tool Bar or in the Speed Dial. Right now the Tool Bar and Speed Dials are populated by me as a “default”, but what is available for quick clicking or flicking without the use of the keyboard, will be up to you as a user in one of the next alpha releases. 🙂

Best,
    Niels

October 2, 2020 at 5:50 pm #3223
    Chelsea HendricksChelsea Hendricks
    Participant

Hey Niels.

I’m not sure if that has been suggested or mentioned before but it would be a great help.

Perhaps an auto-save option? It’s when I remember to save (I know, terrible of me to forget to save) the scene is too heavy and as it saves, the program crashes.

I hope that’s not too much to ask. (:

Thank you for all your hard work on this software. It’s really amazing.

October 2, 2020 at 10:10 pm #3224
    Keymaster

Thanks Chelsea! Sure, autosave would be good. It’s on our list.

However, we can not have it crashing! No matter how large a scene becomes. No crashes! 😉

So, would you be able to reproduce this crash? I mean, what can I do to provoke it?

Cheers,
    Niels

October 4, 2020 at 6:24 pm #3228
    Chelsea HendricksChelsea Hendricks
    Participant

Hey Niels

Thank you so much for responding.

I had four layers. Three of which had animation and one to map out timing and spacing. The two layers contained about 3 seconds of animation altogether, exposed on 2’s at 24 fps. I was busy with the animation on the fourth layer (about 1 second in) when I remembered to save and that’s when it crashed.

I hope that will be helpful. (:

October 4, 2020 at 8:56 pm #3229
    Keymaster

Thanks Chelsea!

October 18, 2020 at 10:04 am #3251
    Suzie HeiloSuzie Heilo
    Participant

I too experience crashing upon saving my new scenes. I was going to suggest auto save too! I had copied drawings and cut them out to create a camera zoom effect. Upon playing back what I created and satisfied I saved the scene only to have it crash. All work lost. I use a Mac, Mojave 10.14 with a Radon Pro 580 8 Gig graphics card, 4.2 GHz i7 processor – if that helps.

October 18, 2020 at 2:41 pm #3254
    Keymaster

Oh. This is not good (obviously). Thanks for reporting this too Suzie. We must find this bug asap.

October 19, 2020 at 4:49 am #3257
    Suzie HeiloSuzie Heilo
    Participant

I do love the software! It is really intuitive, fun and I find my ideas just coming to life before my eyes. I just read the “report a bug” post and will add that currently I am drawing with my mouse, and I forgot to mention I added audio when it crashed. I am using v5.0 Alpha 3.1.

October 19, 2020 at 3:55 pm #3261
    Keymaster

Thanks for the extra info Suzie. Very helpful.

To be clear: Did it crash the first time you tried to save after you imported audio? And did you manage to save your animation successfully before you added the audio?

Cheers,
    Niels

October 19, 2020 at 4:08 pm #3263
    Suzie HeiloSuzie Heilo
    Participant

Yes, but I don’t think it was the audio. I now see that it was over use of the lasso tool.

October 20, 2020 at 9:41 am #3266
    Keymaster

Oh, OK. Thanks. Still, we don’t want it to crash at all. We’ll look into overuse of lassotool – and get it fixed!

October 20, 2020 at 11:37 am #3267
    Suzie HeiloSuzie Heilo
    Participant

I did save the piece with the audio before I over used the lasso tool.

October 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm #3268
    Keymaster

OK, thanks.

So far I haven’t been able to get it to crash here. I am going crazy growing the amount of data and using memory, but so far no luck reproducing your result. 🙁 I will work on it again tomorrow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.