• August 11, 2024 at 9:59 pm #6941
    Jonas Røyengpencilvester
    Participant

Hey there!

I have used this program for two hours and I’m faster at rough animation here than in Animate (and i’ve used flash since flash 8). Super comfy drawing engine and workflow!!! But I can’t export mov or mp4 right now. It’s  stuck at 0% or 39%, depending on resolution. GIF and the png (export frames) stuff works. It’s a 1080p 24fps scene, and I’m on win 11 on a pretty powerful gaming laptop. Tried a dummy file too with one line of drawing on one frame, same deal. Hope this is useful info. Any chance this will be looked into before beta? I’d love to keep working rough animations here and finish in Animate but GIF import is janky and unstable in animate (apparantly) and the png route is quite clunky too. For the amount of fun this is I might just screen record the roughs and trace them in vector later anyway..:P Pretty sure I’m buying this when it’s good to go!

August 12, 2024 at 11:27 am #6943
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Are you by any chance using an older Alpha release? We have had these export issues before, but that was (hopefully) fixed. The latest is Alpha 8.1. Please let me know which one you have? (You can check the version in the About window).

If this is an issue in the latest, this will be fixed at top priority – since exporting is super important and something most people are using. Luckily it seems it is working for most people. But I’m super interested to learn if you or anybody else is having this problem with the latest release.

To help you out right away, you are welcome to email your .ap files to me and then I can export them to mov or mp4 and send it back to you. Let’s use wetransfer.com or something similar if the files are large. My email address is the one I sent your activation key from (Sorry, I’m not mentioning it here, because spam bots will sadly pick it up).

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting this. Thanks for your nice words! Please let me know your version.

Best,
    Niels

August 12, 2024 at 11:28 am #6944
    Keymaster

Oh, doh! You wrote the version in the headline! Thanks! We’ll take a good look at this asap!

August 12, 2024 at 12:48 pm #6946
    Jonas Røyengpencilvester
    Participant

Cool! Thanks for the offer of sending. Good bug hunt to you!

August 12, 2024 at 2:50 pm #6947
    Frederik ChristianiFrederik
    Keymaster

Thanks! 🙂
    It would be helpful if you could report back which version of GStreamer is mentioned if you scroll to the very bottom of the About dialog. Also, did you use the installer or are you using the portable version?

Regards,
    Frederik

August 12, 2024 at 3:08 pm #6948
    Jonas Røyengpencilvester
    Participant

Certainly! GS 1.24.2, installer version!:)

August 13, 2024 at 3:25 pm #6951
    Frederik ChristianiFrederik
    Keymaster

Thank you!

September 2, 2024 at 9:38 am #7049
    Jonas Røyengpencilvester
    Participant

Hey again!

I found something. My windows user name has an ø in it. Windows is mad, and has apparently saved multiple user folders with corrupted (as in full of weird signs) “attempts” at my name. So I have three user folders for one user, and it seems like I have to do a full re-install to actually clean it up, which I guess I probably should. I’m at least not advanced enough that I’m gonna fudge around with it manually. I had problems with another program and made a separate user with a non-ø-name (?!). It worked, and today I thought to try an export with Animation Paper. That works perfectly too. This isn’t 100% scientific proof of causality, there could be other factors about my admin user, or indeed computer. Useful? I feel responsible for sending you guys down a bug hunting rabbit hole when it seems to have nøthing tø dø with yøur prøgramme…

September 2, 2024 at 12:01 pm #7057
    Keymaster

Thanks lot for adding this information Pencilvester! I think we still want to check this issue out. But important info you are giving us. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.