• July 12, 2024 at 5:12 am #6811
    MomomoMomomo
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to crop a scene? Similarly to what the crop tool does in photoshop or other software.

Is there a way to add a lot of frames at once? Here is the context: when animating to music I load the sound track first, then I have add enough frame to listen to the imported sound file, which then allows me to draw on the Xsheet (which is very wonderful btw 😉

have a good day

July 12, 2024 at 9:52 am #6814
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

There’s not an actual crop tool. But you can crop your whole animation by changing the resolution in Scene Settings.

So, as an example, you have a HD scene (1920×1080) and want to crop off some unused space along the edges, you can type in a lower resolution/size, let’s say 80%, which is 1536×864.

After this operation you can scale right back up to HD, so your output still ends up at 1920×1080, but you keep your cropped framing. I hope this makes sense?

This method of course only works with a centered crop. If you need to crop a smaller part in like one of the corners, you can’t easily do that and you have to move drawings manually.

I am on vacation right now, so I don’t have Animation Paper in front of me, so everything is by memory. 🙂 But I think you can make a scene have many frames from the beginning. So instead of starting with a 1 frame scene, import audio, and then add clones – you can start by making a New Scene, set an approximate number of frames, then import audio, and adjust the number of clones if needed. That must be a much faster workflow.

Let me know if you want me to explain anything better?

Best,
    Niels

July 15, 2024 at 2:15 pm #6840
    MomomoMomomo
    Participant

Yeah it totally makes sense, but as you said it only works if it centered if not everything has to be recentered manually.

One function of the pick up tool that could be usefull in that particular case could be to apply the same displacement on multiple drawings. For exemple: you move one drawing with the shortcut “A” tool then go to the next one and press enter and the exact same move is applied, that way you could move around entire animated walks etc… without having to adjust each individual drawings. (or the ability to store a sequence of frames in a container that itself can be transformed, reimported or re-used (in face this method is even better then what I just wrote because it would be non desctructive, adjustement could always be made, the drawing themselves are not directly transformed but the container is))

I didn’t pay attention to the inital number of frames dial when creating a scene, this makes it a LOT faster! 🙂

Thanks for answering even on vacation!

cheers,

mo

July 15, 2024 at 6:21 pm #6843
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yeah, we have that transform-multiple-frames feature on our todo list already. It will be great and super useful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags