• July 3, 2024 at 11:27 pm #6777
    (Unspecified) WilsonGJack
    Participant

Though I imagine hotkeys will be changeable in the future, the ctrl key being the default for changing your brush size and opacity has proved difficult. It’s not great because the undo button is ctrl+z and with how fast certain artists can switch between undoing and drawing again (and by that I mean me, I go quick) it can get very disorienting to have the ctrl key also change the brush, and it gets in the way often. For default settings, do you think switching this to the shift key would be better?

July 4, 2024 at 7:26 am #6778
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, I get your point. And it’s an important one. Must be annoying if you are fast like you are.

The good thing about using Ctrl drag (Cmd on Mac) for quickly adjusting the pen size and opacity is that this is kind of standard in other software as well. We already use Shift drag for a quick way of scrubbing the playhead.

Again, your point is very valid. Maybe it would work if we changed it from Ctrl to Alt (Option on Mac). Can’t remember off the top of my head if this has other implications. Will look into it. Thanks!

Anyway, as you say, once you can do your own key bindings in AP, this would not be a problem. But again, the default keys have to be good of course.

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags