• August 31, 2024 at 3:39 pm #7038
    Kasey FKasey F
    Participant

Me again!

So, the X-sheet acts like a vertical layer stack, but it doesn’t feel like a traditional X-sheet to me.

I’ll try explain, but to me an X-sheet is a level stack, a level could contain many colours, but the way the X-sheet currently works is it seems to be expected you would separate each colour into a different level, that’s rather odd to me, it may be due to east/west differences in production methods? I am unsure how I’d exactly write it all down on a paper X-sheet and how exporting would be managed, since I would expect each level to be exported (if I chose) separately.

What I would have expected instead is each level would contain drawings, and each drawing contains layers. So we would have a layers panel somewhere that can display the layers for the currently selected level-drawing, any underlayers, overlays, etc. This also (at least for anime genga) allow us to scribble in colours on key drawings on an underlay layer for shade mapping, reuse, colour separation, mass shade just to differentiate it from another cel for layout work, etc.

A good example is something like DigiCel FlipBook.

But I’d love to learn the current reasoning in any case! Thanks again for all the hard work.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Kasey F.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags