• June 26, 2024 at 6:20 am #6743
    WhippleWhipple
    Participant

Hello, need help, can’t find anything.  I love what I’ve seen so far, but the software is frustrating to the point of unusable because frequently, the cursor will make a click effect and freeze.  It often makes some lines impossible because I can’t see the line being drawn, and it’s really annoying having microfreezes whenever I go to draw.  Example in the clip below, I can’t recreate it consistently but it happens every few lines..  I only have this issue with Animation Paper, not with Aseprite, CSP, or Krita, but I’m not ruling out a hardware setting of my own.  I have some old Huion tablet I could get the exact model for if needed.

https://youtu.be/3q-ekTDovAI – Video of the issue

June 26, 2024 at 7:44 am #6748
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Whipple, thanks for the recording. It’s a bit difficult for me to be sure I get the problem exactly – but it seems to me that sometimes the cursor stays in a frozen position while you draw the line (the line updates fine while you draw it). Is that correct?

I haven’t seen this behavior before, so it’s a bit puzzling…

June 27, 2024 at 6:01 am #6749
    WhippleWhipple
    Participant

The lines in the video where there is a circular click effect cause little microfreezes, which makes the software frustrating to use.  For a moment nothing updates, and the line is interpolated during the freeze so it comes out more straight than I intended.  It’s much worse for details.  I’ve been working around it for now, but if you have nothing I can keep troubleshooting on my end.

June 27, 2024 at 6:06 am #6750
    WhippleWhipple
    Participant

I’ve got a solution, or at least, made progress, but it seems the issue is Windows interfering with its own digital pen settings.  Disabling Windows Ink entirely solved the issue but now I have no pressure sensitivity, so I guess I’m wrestling with that now.  Doesn’t seem like Animation Paper is the issue.

June 27, 2024 at 6:15 am #6751
    WhippleWhipple
    Participant

For anyone who has this issue in the future, solved with this.  Only was a problem with this drawing program, so idk why, but it’s fixed now.

June 27, 2024 at 8:26 am #6754
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Whipple, thanks for letting the forum know about this solution. Cool!

But am I understanding correctly – you don’t have pressure sensitivity now?

If that’s the case, that is not optimal to say the least. 🙂 I’m not sure this will help, but it’s worth a try: Locate the file “qt.conf” (probably here C:\Program Files\Animation Paper\qt.conf). Rename it (to save it in case you want to reverse this). Then launch Animation Paper again.

My hope is that this fixes the pressure problem in Animation Paper.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.