• July 2, 2024 at 9:07 am #6768
    MomomoMomomo
    Participant

Hello,

I am not sure if this is a bug but it seems like one.

On the xsheet if I slid around original drawing to change the timing the xsheet windows keeps moving up or down even if the drawing is not at the edge of the screen (in which case it makes sense to move the xsheet around), if the movement is big it is much of a problem however if one has to do tiny adjustement on multiple frame it become very disorienting.

Wonderful software!

July 2, 2024 at 12:18 pm #6769
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for your very valid point. I think I understand your complain. If you have an original drawing centered in the X-Sheet and you drag it a few frames up or down you can lose track of where it is, because when you let go after the dragging – it will be re-centered (current frame is always centered) in the X-Sheet. Of course your new timing is intact, it’s just disorienting as you say.

I know about this problem – and we have actually tried to not center and tried other solutions as well, but they become problematic in other regards. So it is a difficult UX problem to tackle. We have it on our todo-list already – but I will give it another look asap now you bring it up. Thanks for that! 🙂

July 2, 2024 at 12:22 pm #6770
    Keymaster

Actually, I must be confused 🙂 Current frame is NOT always centered. That is how we HAD it at some point. 🙂 It doesn’t work like that anymore because we changed it due to similar problems to what you talk about. Anyway, I will give it a fresh look!

July 3, 2024 at 4:02 am #6773
    MomomoMomomo
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for you reply.

It seems like the adjustement only happends on the release after a slide+drag, not during the slide and drag. Maybe because the release of a click+drag is perceived the same as the release of a simple click.

It will only ajust if the the view is around the middle of the Xsheet (if your scene is 300 frames that would be around 150-250). However if you are at the very beginning of the very end the adjustement only occurs when slide and drag the frames closest to bottom (when at the beginning or top (when at the end of the Xsheet)

Its weird since the alpha 8 was not like that, is it bug?

(is there a place where to get the alpha 8 again?)

July 3, 2024 at 8:39 am #6774
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure we haven’t changed anything in this regard for a long time. But still it is interesting to see if you find any difference nevertheless. Please let me know!

I have uploaded Alpha 8 for you here: https://animationpaper.com/files/AnimationPaper_Alpha8.exe

This is the Windows 64bit version, let me know if you need Mac or Linux instead.

Thanks!

July 3, 2024 at 2:15 pm #6775
    MomomoMomomo
    Participant

Yup  you are totaly right same behavior in the alpha 8, sorry for all the conversation for nothing.

I guess it didn’t bother me much since I didnt have to change a huge chunk of timing at once.

Maybe you could let the user scroll up and down instead? or move the xsheet only if the frame at the very edge of the screen is selected?

have a good day sorry for the trouble

July 3, 2024 at 3:01 pm #6776
    Keymaster

No problem at all! I’m grateful you did the testing. I will think long and hard over this and see what solution we can come up with. Maybe it will be one of your suggestions. Anyway, thanks a lot!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags