April 5, 2020 at 10:09 am #2085
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Thank you very much for this – and for your time. Appreciated.

I read with great interest. I’ll make sure to check in on this list while we evolve Animation Paper.

However, I do think that some of your points reflect that you haven’t discovered how Animation Papers line engine really works. You see, it is in fact not “old fashioned bitmap”. It may feel as straight forward as bitmap, but try working in HD or even in very low resolution. Then before you export, you change your resolution to 4K. Everything is updated without blurring or degradation.

The same happens when picking up something with the lasso. Just scale it up and stamp it.

Anyway, many of your points are already planned and will come soon. More advanced features are planned for v6.0. But of course, basically, there will always be lots of differences when you compare creative software. Thankfully. At the end it is all down to the style of the software. What fits it and what does not. Features have to follow a line – be consistent and logical all the way through. I know you agree.

One really important issue for me is to keep Animation Paper simple. I mean uncluttered. This does not mean that it can’t be advanced. Animation Paper is designed for the professional and will have clever approaches and efficient solutions to his/her demands. At the same time, I want it so easy to work with, that nearly anybody can do it. This is how Animation Paper is going to be – and I think this alpha is a very good start. 🙂