April 5, 2020 at 7:27 pm #2139
Jareth SteeleJareth Steele
Participant

Just tried clearing the drawing- I guess I assumed since it was a clone you wouldn’t be able to- so that’s very handy to know! 😀

I know about the layer linking thing, while watching the tutorial I thought “WOW! That’s a really clever feature!” but I haven’t needed to use many layers yet since there’s no colour yet, so I’d probably have a more thorough opinion on that when many layers are necessary. It’s possible I’m misunderstanding what you mean by ‘paint layers’? Will that be… Part of the drawing itself or on a separate layer? See, I’m imagining if you had a scene with say, 3 characters and a background. If each was on a layer, that’s 4 layers. Fairly manageable. But then, if you wanted to colour and shade each, wouldn’t you need to add more layers? They would be linked to each character and the background, sure, but then that’s 12 layers you’d be dealing with, which feels like it could get messy. All the shading/colour could be on one layer but then you couldn’t link them to each character. I hope that makes sense! I’m imagining the ideal solution to be that each animation layer has it’s own folder for the different components. Either in a different box, such as how I drew it, or that the folder is in the X-sheet and you can open and close it to access the layer you need. Maybe that’s what you mean by paint layers?
It’s possible I haven’t noticed the stabilisation since I’ve been working slowly to get my lines right- I hope further stabilisation will be an option. I’m quite reliant on it, heheh.
Edit: Just remembered something! I was using the lasso/cutter a lot, and each time I expected to still be using the tool, but each time you use it it ‘turns off’ which got very annoying, especially since I was accessing it from the menus.