May 7, 2020 at 9:37 am #2786
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Thanks for trying all this. I wish we were in the same timezone, then I could have seen this earlier and helped you out (it was night here and I was sleeping). 🙂

But you came to the right conclusion. It is caused by lassoing and stamping many times in the same drawing. This builds up data and it starts to take a lot of time (5 mins are insane!). You must have gotten a warning about this in the program (when it takes 2 seconds, which is too much already), but we don’t show the warning again. The problem is that all the data is carried over to other frames if you stamp your “bad” data there too.

Reinstalling Animation Paper doesn’t help at all. Because the problem is the excessive data that is saved in your file (and just loaded again).

It would be great if you could send me the file that makes it crash. Please send it to my email address (you can reply to the email you got from me with your activation key). Thanks a lot for this help!

To not have this problem occur again, you have to be careful not to overuse the lasso. To fix your existing file, I recommend doing a new layer and tracing your drawings over there. Then get rid of the problematic drawings/layers.

We will work to optimise all this, but best to keep these points in mind never the less.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Niels.