October 8, 2020 at 7:21 pm #3240
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Thanks Michael!

Everything from the old PAP has been up for consideration – I wanted the modern version of PAP so to speak. Generally speaking, PAP is in a few areas built on outdated conventions. Also some of it’s features could be done simpler and/or more efficient. So that’s what I have done with Animation Paper.

A good example is how you work with blue and black pencil. I mean, in a way it works the same, but it is less complicated, easier to work with and aligns better with modern conventions. In Animation Paper you do this blue/black thing too: Use the blue pencil for your rough pass and then clean it up on top using black. If you need another pass, you can turn your black lines blue and do another refinement pass in black. Exactly the same as you are used to with PAP. In PAP you were stuck with a pseudo layer, where black and blue was technically the same layer, so the black lines were always on top of blue, and the blue lines would be destroyed by the black lines. Having them on actual separate layers is both simpler and better. At least that’s my opinion. 🙂

So to turn your blue lines to black, you just click the little gizmo at the top of the layer column in the X-Sheet – and select the color you want the lines changed to.

How you reach each function (tool icon) is going to be highly customizable in Animation Paper (coming soon in one of the next alpha releases). Especially the Speed Dials will be great (comparable to the “marking menus” in PAP).

Let me know what you think?

Cheers,
Niels