January 27, 2022 at 6:54 am #4276
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Hi Jhune,

Yeah, I know. We are getting there. The next update (Alpha 6) is pretty close, but as I wrote in my latest blog post:

“Our list of features and improvements to do, gets shorter and shorter. We plan to have a couple of alpha releases more. We focus on getting everything finely tuned – and not take in new ideas, that is not already on our todo-list, unless there’s really good reasons to do them of course. 🙂

Our mission from now on, is to reach the point where everything included feels complete, is super stable and production ready. When we reach that point we can publish and start getting some income and those people who may be reluctant to work with alpha and beta versions can safely come on board. I think we all look forward to that point.

Even though we are half way through development of all the coloring features, we have decided to pause it to complete the rest of the list. So first we publish Animation Paper 5.0. Then, following close to immediately after, a free update to 5.1 – that include all the coloring features. This is the good and faster way forward.”

What do you think of this decision?

All the best,
Niels