February 27, 2023 at 8:43 am #5465
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

First of all, my system says your message was from weeks ago (feb 2nd) – but for some reason it only just now turned up for my approval. I have no idea why this happened – I’m very sorry if you had to wait this long.

But about your issue: This qt.conf thing is a hack. On some computers (yours apparently), you need to force AP to use Windows Ink for it to work with pressure sensitivity. Normally it just works without doing this.

I have heard that people do generally not like or prefer Windows Ink, because it introduces all kinds of problems. Maybe this is one of them – I don’t know.

Anyway, we aim to make AP work out of the gate with as many systems as possible, so hopefully we will at some point fairly soon be able to drop the qt.conf hack and just make it work normally – and then there’s hope for Lazy Nezumi working on your system like it does for most people already.

Why I am writing like this is because I don’t want to discourage other people reading this from using Lazy Nezumi if they want to. Because normally there’s no problem using it. However I know that I am not offering you, Andreas, much help here. I just don’t know how I can help you with this problem right now, I’m afraid. 🙁

I can tell you, though, that AP does have a clever and subtle stabilising function working already. Some people don’t even recognise it, but it actually makes a great difference for people drawing free hand inside AP (as you do). However, it is not too intrusive, which is one of the great things about it. It feels natural, while still smoothing out unintentional bumps and noise in your strokes. This feature is just always on and working – and it has no user accessible settings.

Long answer, not much use – I’m sorry. 😉

Best,
Niels