June 12, 2023 at 9:07 am #5753
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Thanks for your input – much appreciated!

Maybe you are already aware of this, Animation Paper does already have a kind of clever stabiliser build in, working at all times. But it doesn’t have any user options. It is different compared to others way of doing it, where it is merely some kind of smoothing/dampening.

But I appreciate why many people would like to have exactly that – especially because they are used to it from other software. Can you try to describe what exactly it is you are looking for in a stabiliser? Interesting for me to know and learn. We might be able to do something 😉

Shape tools like rectangle and circles I have steered away from deliberately in order to keep things simple and “analogue” in feel. I don’t want too much “technical” stuff, numbers, percentages, vector points, etc – if it can be avoided. Basically freehand drawing is what’s emphasised. I hope you see my point. However, I actually have straight lines on our todo – I see how they could be helpfull and done in a simple none-cluttering way.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your nice words. Let me know what your further thoughts are.

Best,
Niels