September 16, 2023 at 1:13 pm #5962
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I have been reluctant to do tools for shapes (circles, rectangles, etc) – because I see it as less “analogue” hand drawn and a more technical thing. It needs to fit the vision. 😉 My thought have kind of been, you can just draw the shape you need (free hand). However, I do appreciate that there’s a legitimate need after all.

A quick and easy line tool is already on our todo-list (requested by many). Since you are mentioning the circle specifically, I would love to ask you how you see a circle stencil work for super easy and efficient use, without the UX feeling too “technical”? It’s of course not hard to implement in Animation Paper at all, but it is interesting to think about how to do it in the best possible way. Also, it shouldn’t be “too clever” so it just feels alien to people – it could also be totally fine to make it work like it does in other software. But an intuitive, easy, efficient solution is of course ideal.

While I’m in the mode of nerd’ing details. 🙂 Our plan is to do “nudging” of the lines, so when you have very close inbetweens, you can push the lines subtly, to make them sit exactly where you need them (less wobbly lines). With our line engine we can do perfect nudging without the line getting blurry. I’m excited to get to this and try it out my self 😉 Any thoughts on this idea?

Best,
Niels