• May 4, 2020 at 2:09 am #2753
    Johnny TurcoJohnny Turco
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve been doing an animation test with 3 (simple) layers. It’s a 75f shot in 1080 HD (16:9). I’ve been drawing with the paintbrush tool since it has the boldness I like. Not sure if it’s how sketchy I draw or what, but the file size has quickly ballooned to nearly 6 gbs! I’d be happy to send the file to you to look at. (compressed)

Loving the program otherwise!

Thanks!

-Johnny

May 4, 2020 at 6:59 am #2757
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

6 gb file? That’s insane. I’m sure you must have gotten a warning? This happens if you use the lasso to pick up parts and stamp them again NUMEROUS times in THE SAME drawing. If you keep doing it, Animation Paper will be very slow when picking up and stamping (only then) and it will take up a lot of memory (and file size) as you experienced. Again, only if you keep doing the same thing beyond this warning.

This is partly by design – but something we need to address and optimise.

To reset your bad drawing (or drawings), you now need to trace (re-draw) them onto a new blank frame. Don’t use the lasso to copy. It will just copy the problem to the new frame.

May 20, 2020 at 6:31 am #2876
    craig baxtercraig baxter
    Participant

Hi Niels
    I’m having the same problem. I’ve done a short 10 frame run cycle test with some cloning of the cycle and the file
    size when saving is 1.5 gigs.
    Curious why the picking up and stamping slows things down as it’s such a handy tool for experimenting with.
    cheers Craig.

May 20, 2020 at 8:18 am #2877
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

Sad to hear this. 1.5 gigs?! That’s crazy.

We have done some optimisation that comes out in Alpha 3 which will help. But in general Animation Paper is not made to do an extensive amount of lasso/stamping. We have important data being copied with the lasso and these data will multiply and become crazy 🙂 if you keep copying extensively. The data is giving you big advantages like scaling drawings without any loss/degradation/blurring, better coloring, etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.