• October 7, 2020 at 7:40 pm #3234
    Mike StumboMike Stumbo
    Participant

Good Morning,

Niels, my animation brother, how you doing?!?! Hope all is going well with development on AP during this pandemic and what have you! Looking forward to Alpha 4(hoping for access to the color wheel*wink wink*) Now that I got that out there, let me give you my HUGE suggestions!

1) Stencils!!! A HUGE feature on a lot of drawing apps and software such as SketchBook and ProCreate. An ability to draw a perfect circle is always a plus for traditional animators. Also a ruler stencil for straight lines, etc.

2) Symmetry!!! A HUGE feature also found on drawing apps and software such as SketchBook, ProCreate, even Photoshop now offers a Symmetry tool. This would literally cut the drawing time in half!

3) Perspective!!! A HUGE feature found in some apps and software, but not nearly as well executed as Autodesk has in SketchBook! Their perspective tool easily allows you set up 1pt, 2pt, and 3pt perspectives, setting up the horizon line and vanishing points where needed. Having this feature is really for someone, who’d just like to have one application for animation, but of course, I’m sure you as I know, production pipelines use a robust list of applications, from Adobe Suite, Autodesk, Houdini, ToonBoom and TVPaint, just to name a few. But this is one tool that could easily give TVPaint and ToonBoom a run for their money!

October 7, 2020 at 8:07 pm #3236
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Good evening, Mike! 😉 (Greetings from Denmark) 🙂

Thanks for your HUGE suggestions! 🙂 Much appreciated. These are all features that we already have on our consider list.

The line tool is probably going to get in pretty soon, but symmetry, perspective and other things in that category are waiting for more immediately needed features, like coloring. 🙂 Also I want to keep the simplicity intact, so I need to balance it all. So we’ll see! Thanks a lot for your input!

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags