December 20, 2022 at 11:32 pm #5230
Hi once more Niels 🙂
I’ve spent a couple of hours with your software and i’d just like to point out a few things i think would be nice. (However be warned; They are more “Quality of life” than usefull implementations ~ atleast in my opinion)
1st a loading bar ~ i’ve noticed if i do a large operation (i.e delete 200+ frames) the program will pause (gee i wonder why :P) but it would be nice to shove these actions on a thread and track its progress through a small loading bar – just so it doesn’t look like the program has crashed.
Secondly audio scrubbing in the Xsheet would be nice.
Thirdly scrolling when dragging frames (for example when i want to create a ton of frames to fill the length of an imported audio clip i have to use my scroll wheel – which isn’t a big deal – but it would be nicer to use my graphics tablet pen)
Fourth changing the size of layers (I want to make my annotations bigger :D)
(PS: i absolutely love the annotations – thankyou for this addition! – they help me make notes of events in audio really quickly)December 20, 2022 at 11:42 pm #5231
aaaaand forget the third i just discovered ctrl+down 😀December 21, 2022 at 9:21 am #5236
I’m always super interested, when people do lists like this one. Much to learn for me! So thank you very much Loki.
I’ll comment on each point, to make sure I understand fully. Maybe your issues are already covered somehow.
1) “Loading bar”/”progress bar”: This is of course good to have in places where you have to wait for some process to complete. We already have it in several places. But we’ll check for additional places it might make sense – including what you suggest when deleting many frames. Thanks!
2) Audio scrubbing in X-Sheet? I don’t understand. You do already have audio scrubbing – what do you mean “in X-sheet”?
3) I am aware of this limitation and it is going to be fixed. Scrolling the x-sheet when dragging down outside the edge of the x-sheet is on our todo-list. And yes, Ctrl Down is good for adding blank drawings, but if you need clones you can use ‘ (apostrophe).
4) If you want to make your X-Sheet thumbnails (layers), including your annotations field, bigger: Go to the menu X-Sheet -> Thumbnail Size.
NielsDecember 21, 2022 at 11:53 am #5238
1) Awesome 😉
2) ah, so when i say audio scrubbing within the xsheet – i mean that currently if i drag my cursor down the frames, no audio can be heard – audio can only be activated via the bottom “scroller”
Additionally (i don’t know if this is even possible) but it would be nice if when dragging down the xsheet it mimics the speed at which animations normally play (Although you might want a toggle for this option if immplemented as i can see it causing hinderences when trying to scroll down to specific frames)
3) Ah awesome – i’m discovering something new all the time with this software 😉
4) Oh cool, however i think it would be nice to be able to keep my annotations big whilst keeping my other thumbnails small – but it really isn’t an issue to be honest 😀
~ Thanks 😀
December 21, 2022 at 1:53 pm #5241
- This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by loki hornsby.
2) But if you drag from a thumbnail it will produce clones. You are changing the timing. I don’t see why you would want to do that and have the audio sounding at the same time. Maybe I am misunderstanding? Also regarding limiting the adding of clones to the set FPS is not a good idea in my mind – you will want to have the fastest response time possible of the software.
4) The annotations have to follow the size of the thumbs, to not get out of sync with the corresponding drawings. If you don’t know, you can link your annotations column to the drawings of a layer – which means, if you add or remove drawings in the layer, i.e. change your timing, your annotations will still follow along and correspond to the correct drawings/frames. If you mean, you need more space horizontally, we could make the annotations field wider generally. However, it is a dilemma how wide it should be ideally, because you don’t want it too wide, if you need this column to be positioned between layer columns and still be able to glance at it all without having to scroll (left/right).
Anyway… 😉 I’m just trying to explain my thoughts and reasons to make it like it is. Please come back to me, if you need me to understand better! 😉 Thanks 🙂December 21, 2022 at 5:58 pm #5242
Oh no, actually that makes sense to me – Additionally the way you’ve tackled these problems seems like the most reasonable approach to me 😉
And i had no clue dragging down the xsheet produced clones – i thought it just hovered over it ~ Thanks niel 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.