• August 9, 2021 at 2:47 pm #3839
    jim cascarinajim cascarina
    Participant

Hi I signed up in 2014 but have just got around to jumping on board 😮

Firstly loving the workflow but I’m having two issues – one might not be you –

first if I draw a line slowly it is stepped

the second and the reason my writing looks so bad on that image is my huion screen/tablet is very very  laggy with Animation Paper- it’s fine with all other apps.

I’m running the latest Alpha v5.0 Alpha 4 on windows 10 64 with rtx 2070 max q

Cheers

Jim

August 9, 2021 at 3:08 pm #3840
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Thanks for signing up so many years ago!

What you show is definitely not supposed to happen. It shows no subpixel precision and no pressure sensitivity. Your pen basically behaves like a mouse for some weird reason.

I am not sure what the problem is, but I know of others that have had succes with installing the WinTab driver. Could you try that please and then run Animation Paper again? I think you should be able to download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826

Let me know if that changes anything.

Best,
    Niels

August 9, 2021 at 3:46 pm #3842
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I’m reluctant to install those drivers as it says they’re for surface pro machines and also the pen works with all other software.

I have since improved things considerable by turning off “Game mode” in my huion graphics tab prefs…. I didn’t even know game mode was a thing?

Any way it is much improved however further testing has shown that the stepping still happens if I’m zoom out on the canvas but if I zoom in I can produce lovely smooth lines.

Cheers

Jim

August 9, 2021 at 3:59 pm #3843
    Keymaster

I understand. And I’m not sure of the exact drivers needed. But I do know it solved the problem for others to install some kind of WinTab drivers.

I am glad it works better for you now, but it doesn’t sound like the problem is really solved. Do you have pressure at all?

August 9, 2021 at 5:35 pm #3844
    Participant

Hi Niels,

it was a me problem, I updated my tablet drivers and now all is cool.

Thank you

August 9, 2021 at 10:15 pm #3845
    Keymaster

Oh, great! That’s really good to hear, Jim. Thanks for letting me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.