• September 20, 2020 at 10:17 am #3164
    AP-userAP-user
    Participant

Hi, thanks for notifying me about the new version.

I downloaded it yesterday, run the .exe, restarted Win10. The following problem occures, even after a repair and new restart. When running AnimationPaper.exe, several dialog boxes say they miss:
    * gstreamer-1.0-0.dll
    * gobject-2.0-0.dll
    * glib-2.0-0.dll
    * gstapp-1.0-0.dll

These dll’s are not included in the Alpha 3 installed directories, and problably also nowhere else on my computer. Though I could install gstreamer, I’m not sure the other dll’s will be included in gstreamer.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by AP-user.
    September 20, 2020 at 12:07 pm #3167
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for this. Others have the same problem.

The installer is supposed to automatically install these dll’s, but for some reason on some systems it apparently doesn’t
    happen.

We’ll look into it. My guess is we can release a new installer in a few days.

Cheers,
    Niels

September 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm #3169
    AP-userAP-user
    Participant

Thanks.

Just to verify it’s unrelated to my switched-off internet conntection I repaired (with), uninstalled (without), re-installed (with) and rebootet (without) with/out internet connection after admin-start … no difference: So it doesn’t seem to download what’s missing at installation or on start-up.

September 20, 2020 at 4:34 pm #3170
    Keymaster

No, being offline shouldn’t make a difference on the installation – everything needed is included in the initial download.

Thanks for mentioning it though!

September 21, 2020 at 6:57 pm #3171
    Keymaster

Hello again AP-User! Frederik, our lead programmer, is on the case and he has a working theory about what the problem is. 🙂 But he wants to find out something. Maybe you can answer this: Did you install, then run, Animation Paper as two different users?

Cheers,
    Niels

September 21, 2020 at 7:39 pm #3172
    AP-userAP-user
    Participant

Hi Niels,
    to install it I had to run as Admin, but started as non-Admin. In this sense: yes, two users. However, that’s the normal way to do it with other programs 😉

Best, Mike

P.S.: Just to confirm, I started Alpha 3 as Admin. There is an error, but it starts up. The error says more or less: “Didn’t find hook / entry point __gxx_personality_sj0 in DLL C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\libopenh264.dll”. And, to my “surprise”, there is something installed at C:\gstreamer\…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by AP-user.
    September 21, 2020 at 10:03 pm #3177
    Keymaster

That’s very helpful Mike! Thank you!

Yes, of course, it aught to work with installing as admin and running as any user. That’s the point. We need to fix it so it works like that. But first I wanted to confirm that that was indeed what happened, – so we can make it right. 😉

Cheers,
    Niels

September 22, 2020 at 8:56 am #3178
    AP-userAP-user
    Participant

No problem … it was just a remark 😉

September 22, 2020 at 3:46 pm #3180
    Keymaster

👍❤️

September 23, 2020 at 10:34 am #3194
    Keymaster

Hey Mike! We just updated the PC download – this should fix the two user problem:

Let me know if it now works when you install as you are used to.

Cheers,
    Niels

October 9, 2020 at 12:40 pm #3241
    tarun Singhtarun Singh
    Participant

Hi,
    Having the same problem with alpha 3 version where system error is prompted – “The program can’t start because gstreamer-1.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” – when I start the program. I did a fresh reinstall and did again install after separately installing gstreamer1.0.dll first but the error still showed up both the times. After reading this thread I installed alpha 3.1 version but the error still exists. My system is running Windows 8.1.
    For now reverted back to using the previous release.

Thanks

October 9, 2020 at 10:54 pm #3242
    Keymaster

Thanks Tarun. I’ll look into this…

October 11, 2020 at 8:35 pm #3243
    Keymaster

Hi again Tarun,

Can I get you to try this: Uninstall all copies of Animation Paper. Reboot. Install Alpha 3.1. Reboot. Does it run properly now?

Cheers,
    Niels

October 12, 2020 at 9:02 am #3246
    tarun Singhtarun Singh
    Participant

Hi Niels,
    Went throught the steps and it worked! Checked importing audio (.mp3) and it is working as expected.
    Though one thing of note here, if one imports audio first then the xheeet doesnot display the entire audio. One has to extend the drawing clones to the required no. of frames to fully reveal it, which I guess is unnecessary step when anyways we have to access the whole working length of the audio to work on it. Is it supposed to be like that? (This is how monkeyjam does after importing one can access the complete audio immediately though no new drawing layer is added which one needs to add separately and then extend it to the desired no. of frames).

Also, “Take frame off the pegs” shortcut (hold ctrl+alt) is not working, wasn’t working on the alpha 2 realease too, but it was working on the alpha 1 release. Though it works if it is accessed through the menu. (should I make a new thread for this topic?)

Thanks a lot!
    Tarun

October 12, 2020 at 9:24 am #3247
    Keymaster

Happy it worked! Thanks, Tarun!

Yes, you are right, you need to drag out a bunch of clones to reveal the audio waveform and be able to listen to it. We are debating this behaviour and might change it. Thanks for giving me your opinion. Definitely appreciated.

Off-pegs isn’t working using the keys? Wow, we were not aware of this. It works on my test computers here.

You are on Windows 8.1. What kind of hardware/computer are you using? It will be helpful for us to know a bit more, to help find the problem. Thanks a lot!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.