• September 23, 2020 at 10:32 pm #3197
    Ghost KingGhost King
    Participant

I have just downloaded the program and can say that it is really simple and fun to use and I have done several animations now, but sharing them with my friends is impossible. The only format it allows me to save my animations is in .ap which can not be opened by someone who doesn’t have animation paper downloaded. In the export tab I can see different ways of extraction which aren’t accessabel for users. also when you press ‘save as’ you only have one option (.ap). will users be able to save their animations in other formats like .mp4 ot .mov? or is there any other way to convert the animations to other formats?

September 24, 2020 at 6:45 am #3200
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ghost King!

Thanks for writing! Yes, of course the .ap file is not good for exchanging your work with other people (who don’t use Animation Paper) or for other software. The .ap file format is optimal way to save and load for AP.

To export you will of course be able to export in mp4 and mov – this is one of the things still missing before AP is finished – we are working on it, and it will come soon in one of the next alpha releases.

For now, you can export as a sequence of png’s – and then use some other software to convert them to a movie file. Plenty to chose from, like various compositing software, including free ones.

Best,
    Niels

September 24, 2020 at 9:43 pm #3204
    Ghost KingGhost King
    Participant

Hello Mr.Niels

I’d like to thank you for a quick answer! I’m happy to hear that the exporting feature will come in next releases and I’d like to say that for a program still in development it works great!

Looking forward for next updates

Ghost

September 24, 2020 at 10:21 pm #3205
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Ghost!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.