• September 1, 2020 at 4:06 pm #3072
    Maaike KallenbornMaaike Kallenborn
    Participant

Hi Niels,
    First, what an amazing program AP is. Very intuitive, such a pleasure to use.
    Back to the problem. When I select an area with the Lasso or Cutter tool, it can take 5 minutes to get to the phase where I can manipulate the area. Then AP will hang again and take another couple minutes to finish the task. Once it also crashed. Also i get the warning: ‘Warning: this drawing uses a lot of resources!’

I compared its memory and CPU usage with a twice bigger project in the 3D program SkechUp and AP it does not seem overloaded at all. Also the AP scene I worked on was just a few frames in HD 12,5.
    You can download all files and screens here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-kow1TDPsT-xsdqwjjkXHrxQnxX1enCB?usp=sharing

Details system:
    MacOs 10.13.6
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    3,1 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Tablet: Huion Q11K

Looking forward to the full grown Animation Paper!
    Thank you
    Maaike

September 1, 2020 at 4:23 pm #3073
    Maaike KallenbornMaaike Kallenborn
    Participant

Hi Niels
    I understand what you say in other post about the usage of the Lasso and Cutter tools.
    These tools are so handy that it would be great if they could be used as one feels fit. They are very helpful.
    Sorry I noticed the other posts to late.

Cheers
    Maaike

September 1, 2020 at 7:17 pm #3075
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know – good you found out yourself while I’m being slow 😉

Yes, I agree it would be good if this behaviour could be optional. We will consider the implications.

Cheers,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.