• December 15, 2022 at 6:51 pm #5199
    Ussa GiUssa Gi
    Participant

Greetings and cheers, you’ve arrive into my life just in time. I draw animations for second year already with Animation Paper and with Plastic Animation Paper before that. And I have an interesting happen to tell people there.
    Seems to it was a minor technical disaster with portable hard drive, it starts for me as impossibility to open couple scenes that I held opened just before by a day. Error run on screen messaging for unexpecting symbols among the strokes and expection for any start contention in file at least (one error for each files). Catching by deep derealize mood, I thought that there must be any allcold previous version being unrecognized as file. So I launch up Seagate file researching and found a lot of tiny and not around for tiny files of text format. Many ot them looks like some EXE file has been open by “Note”. I remember that, throw peace by peace other hurted file (it was film for now) in a one banch and then at finally run on disk cure. And run it one more time in other system. And then I decide to open scene file by “Note”, why not, because message by error. I do it with those two crashed scenes and one of normals and what I see? Those orphaned peaces of something EXEkindness wasn’t EXE exactly but I get on it now.
    And now I have in my hands natural puzzle but not for artists sure. It is funny for true but depressive at the moment because I don’t know when I make that puzzle to my two luckest works. Thanks for reading, care for yourself and your equipment.
    And ask me if you cannot get something for I try to explain it in other words or tell some more you want to know about that.

December 15, 2022 at 7:37 pm #5201
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ussa Gi,

I am not sure I understand all of your story. But I think I got, that you had a couple of AP files that was corrupted because your harddrive had errors. I am so sorry to hear this. Always devastating when you have done great work and it is ruined and nothing to do about it. As an artist you are sometimes confronted with the “pleasures” of computers like you just did. 🙁

I always think like this, when something similar has happened to me: It seems to often turn out better when you have to redo something – and at least it is always faster to do it the second time. Hand drawn animation is all about drawing and drawing – training your skills. This is training! 😉

Thanks for your sad story. I hope you end up with great results no matter if you start over or you go on to something else 😉 Good luck!

Best,
    Niels

December 16, 2022 at 12:59 am #5205
    Ussa GiUssa Gi
    Participant

Thanks you a lot for warm and wisdom words. Saying about training just pure true for real and I suspect that my happen was warning  as well and also it kick me to best desision for my other problem in the end.

Yes, there was all exactly like you say.  Also in additional I think that I found missing parts of those files and have ghost of hope to raise them back by assembleit. Really this process should look like sitting by copy and paste huge pile of symbols file by file whith rare testing it as AP for running. Probably if I do it once I can give possibility to solve problems such that for other people but also it can turn into wasting time. That the question.

Big warm thanks for you for one more time. Good luck for you too!

December 16, 2022 at 9:09 am #5210
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you

July 18, 2023 at 8:49 am #5848
    jon gorejon gore
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you had a bit of a technical nightmare with your portable hard drive. I’m sorry to hear that you lost some of your work. Kindly tell me softwares which you you use for animations. I would love any value able suggestion from your end.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.