• August 30, 2020 at 12:35 am #3065
    Ramiro LaoRamiro Lao
    Participant

Hello, I’ve been enjoying Animation Paper by far and can’t wait till you guys come out with more alphas and the full version. I’m not sure if this was already going to be included in the future pipeline of features to be added, but I was wondering if it’s a possibility to add shift locking (?) and a visible brush size for the dot cursor also?

Don’t know if it’s actually called that, but it’s when you hold shift while on the brush tool and you can draw in one direction, and the line comes out straight horizontally or vertically like in Photoshop. I know the crosshair cursor has a visible indicator of the brush size, but can that be also added to the dot cursor? If not that’s fine! Also, as far as exporting the animation to individual frame files, will there be an option later on to export to .gif format besides video?

Overall, other than that, it’s been great despite it being in alpha 2. Thank you guys for working hard on the program!

August 30, 2020 at 10:41 am #3070
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for your kind words Ramiro! – and for your suggestions!

The shift trick for lines is on our todo already. Also animated-gif export is coming soon. 🙂

About the dot cursor: We actually added that because people asked for a small curser that didn’t have an indication of size. They wanted something that was as non-intrusive visually as possible. I understand that. But I also see your need for having some kind of indication of size. How would you like to see this? Could you explain in more detail to give us some ideas?

Thanks a lot!
    Niels

September 1, 2020 at 4:00 am #3071
    Ramiro LaoRamiro Lao
    Participant

That’s great to hear, looking forward to when it is implemented, thanks much for replying!

I guess if I were to think of something, instead of visibly showing the dot adjusting in size, maybe the dot cursor stays the same but when adjusting the size of the brush, a circle appears around the dot showing how big the brush currently is, and adjusts in size like how the circle does on the cross-hair cursor. Then when not being adjusted, the circle around the dot is inactive so that it won’t be away when drawing and so that the dot is not the indicator of the brush size.

Thank you for taking time in reading these posts!

September 1, 2020 at 7:12 pm #3074
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yes! I like that idea! Thanks – noted!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.