• June 14, 2024 at 6:57 am #6717
    Katherine LeiterKatherine Leiter
    Participant

Hello! Been a while since using the program for a new project for fun and been running into a small problem with navigation

I’m working on a 16″ XP-Pen Display and Windows 10 64-bit, with the most recent version of the Alpha (v5.0 Alpha 8.1)

When I navigate the interface with my tablet stylus, all clickable functions on screen for brush selection or the x-sheet, shortcut keys at the tip of my stylus, and drawing with full pen pressure on the canvas, function as normal. But I cannot click any of the toolbar buttons at the top of the screen (File, Edit, Draw, ect). I have to keep switching to my mouse to click on those and only those. The tablet interacts fine with everything else in the program, but definitely slows down my workflow having to flip between the two over and over haha

Really fun to be using the program again besides that!

June 14, 2024 at 8:08 am #6718
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Katherine, thanks a lot for reporting this. I haven’t heard of this weird one before. But thank you very much for describing this in detail. I can imagine how irritating it must be. We’ll investigate!

To suggest something to you right now, you could learn the keyboard shortcuts of the most important menu items, so you at least don’t have to use the menu that often. Alternatively (or additionally) you can customise your Tool Bar or your two Speed Dials – to again have your most wanted (if not all) items easily reachable.

Anyway, thanks again for letting me know. I hope we will soon have a fix for this problem.

Best,
    Niels

June 14, 2024 at 8:28 am #6719
    Keymaster

Hi again Katherine,

I just did a few quick Google searches. It seems this problem is not necessarily Animation Paper related. Can you try disabling Windows Ink? From what I can read, this should fix the problem for you. You disable it from your Windows system settings.

How many drawbacks – if any – this introduces, I don’t know. Maybe you can just try it and see how well it works for you? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Niels

June 16, 2024 at 10:17 pm #6725
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

Hi, I was also experiencing the same issue. I am using an Xp Pen tablet that is the Deco Mini 7. In another post, I mentioned that when I tried to click on the menu options at the top of the program with the tablet, the drop down options did not appear like they should. However, when I used the touchpad, the menu options worked fine. I used the tablet before on the previous version of Animation Paper and the menu options worked fine, but with Alpha 8.1 they did not.

I recently reinstalled the program to see if anything changed but it still does not work properly.

June 17, 2024 at 2:20 am #6727
    Katherine LeiterKatherine Leiter
    Participant

Just seeing the responses to this now since my email notification for replies went to spam, definitely annoying so I’m glad I caught this!

It looks like I already have Windows Ink disabled in my current XP-Pen Settings for Animation Paper, as well as the other programs I regularly use. I’ve attached a screenshot of the setting screen it’d be on for this kind of tablet for context.

June 17, 2024 at 9:20 am #6729
    Keymaster

Thanks Katherine and Jalenr11 – we’ll keep investigating…

June 18, 2024 at 1:39 am #6731
    JalenR11JalenR11
    Participant

you are welcome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags