• April 4, 2020 at 6:45 pm #1980
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Hi

I can use the Surface Pen to move around the interface quite happily but it doesn’t register when I try to use any of the drawing tools

April 4, 2020 at 6:55 pm #1988
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Oh and I have rebooted

April 4, 2020 at 7:22 pm #1995
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for reporting. We will have to get a Surface Pro to test on for sure!

April 4, 2020 at 8:09 pm #1999
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Oddly, it also doesn’t work on the Surface if I use my Huion pen tablet either. Its all “just” Windows 10, so a bit odd. I will try from another machine later

Seems its just to Surface compatible for some reason 😢

April 4, 2020 at 8:20 pm #2001
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Woo hoo!

Updated the driver for the Huion and i am in business

Phew!

April 4, 2020 at 9:37 pm #2015
    Keymaster

Oh, that’s good to hear, Ross! Thanks for letting me and everybody know!

April 4, 2020 at 11:12 pm #2030
    Josh JertbergJosh Jertberg
    Participant

Hi! I think the Surface Book suffers from the same possible driver issue as the surface Pro. The pen wont work for drawing, only menu selection. However if I change the pen settings to recognize the pen as a mouse in some applications the pen will draw but only as a mouse, so the line has no pressure etc.
    So excited to be using the Alpha! bummed the surface is having problems, I know these issues will get sorted though.

Thank you!

April 4, 2020 at 11:52 pm #2035
    Pedro AlcantaraPedro Alcantara
    Participant

I had the same issue on my N-trig based Sony Vaio Flip 15. The pen only worked as a mouse, with no pressure-sensitivity… But then I installed Wintab 64 bit drivers, and now it works like a charm! Try installing it. The link is below:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/7/2073C22F-2F31-4F4A-8059-E54C91C564A9/Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip

April 5, 2020 at 12:07 am #2043
    Participant

Try the wintab driver that I described above, Josh.

April 5, 2020 at 3:38 am #2048
    Josh JertbergJosh Jertberg
    Participant

It works! Thank you!! I had that diver installed, but I did repair operation on it and that did the trick. Thank you so much, now to do some animation..

April 5, 2020 at 5:04 am #2054
    Participant

Good to know I could help, you are welcome!

April 5, 2020 at 8:38 am #2069
    Keymaster

Great!!

May 4, 2020 at 1:17 am #2752
    Anthony MaioloAnthony Maiolo
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I am still having issues with not being able to draw using my pen or even my finger. I can only draw with a mouse. I have tried to install the wintab driver. I also restarted my tablet multiply times and even tried to repaired the wintab driver. I use Sketchbook to draw often and my pen works great there.
    Here is my specs to my windows surface pro 3:
    Surface Pro 3
    i5-4300 CPU @ 1.90Ghz 2.50Ghz
    8Gb Ram
    Windows 10 Pro
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am excited to use animation paper!

May 4, 2020 at 3:41 am #2754
    Participant

I dont know the specs of the surface pro 3 digitizer. Previous versions had N-trig based devices, which worked with wintab drivers. I suggest you to uninstal and revert all drivers, and search the web for the touch-related specs and the software needed to make them work. In other words, contact Microsoft…

May 4, 2020 at 8:25 am #2759
    Keymaster

Thanks Anthony and Pedro!

For now it’s great if you can find ways to make it work and let us know – but at the end of the day it is up to me and my programmers to find a solution and build it into Animation Paper. We’ll get it right, no worries.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.