• January 19, 2024 at 2:09 pm #6315
    Jan GraberJan Graber
    Participant

Hi

First thanks for this amazing piece of software, Animation Paper. Great to work with.

Since today I have an issue with drawing, though. When I put down the pen on my Wacom Cintiq 16, the drawing does not start right away but lags until I have drawn quite some distance. When I put down the pen and leave it there, a small double circle “goes” around the pen tip; it’s not possible to draw within that circle (small movements). I don’t know if I have accidentally changed any setting, but I could not find out what that could be.

Thanks for any information/help.

Jan

January 19, 2024 at 2:58 pm #6316
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

I have no idea what that strange thing could be. There’s a double circle? It sounds like it could be something external to AP that does that. But let’s investigate…

Are you running Alpha 8? What system? (Windows, Mac or Linux – and version)

Since it only just started today, I’m guessing it’s the same version of AP (Alpha 8) before and after this happened?

Could you take a screenshot and post it here, – how it looks might give me some hint.

Thanks a lot,
    Niels

January 19, 2024 at 3:33 pm #6317
    Jan GraberJan Graber
    Participant

Hi Niels

Thanks for the quick reply. It is really strange. After restarting the PC this strange behavior did not happen again. I guess it must have something to do with the Wacom board then, as I could not find any setting in Animation Paper.

Apropos AP Alpha 8: There’s a settings option under the Window tab but nothing happens clicking on it.

I use Windows 11 latest version, Alpha 8, also latest version, and a Wacom Cintriq 16 graphic tablet with the newest driver (6.4.5-2).

Best, Jan

January 19, 2024 at 3:41 pm #6318
    January 20, 2024 at 9:12 am #6319
    Keymaster

Thanks Jan, I’m happy that it works for you now.

About the Settings. This is a new window we added in Alpha 8. It is supposed to open the Settings window, where you will have various options for a list of features. Are you sure it doesn’t just open behind something else? Sorry, I have to ask 🙂 If you are positive it doesn’t open, I would like to investigate this to see if there’s a bug somewhere.

And thanks for the link about the circle. Great for others if they search this forum.

Thanks a lot!
    Niels

January 20, 2024 at 10:56 am #6320
    Jan GraberJan Graber
    Participant

Hi Niels

I checked if the settings window opens behind anything but it’s nowhere to be found. :-/ I’m happy to help if you need more information.

Jan

January 20, 2024 at 10:07 pm #6321
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for checking again. I will talk to the programmers to see how we can test and solve this – then I’ll get back to you.

Thanks again,
    Niels

January 21, 2024 at 9:08 am #6323
    Keymaster

Let’s try to see if a similar type of window will open. Try go to the menu Windows -> Reference Display. That will open a similar type of window (though totally different with its content, but never mind that). We just want to check if it opens or not.

Please let me know.

Thank you!
    Niels

January 21, 2024 at 10:14 am #6324
    Jan GraberJan Graber
    Participant

Hi Niels

The Reference Display opens fine.

Jan

January 21, 2024 at 1:54 pm #6325
    Keymaster

OK, interesting. Thanks for testing it Jan. I’ll return…

January 21, 2024 at 2:41 pm #6326
    Jan GraberJan Graber
    Participant

You’re welcome, just let me know if I can be of any assistance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags