• September 11, 2020 at 7:33 pm #3108
    Kim JohanssonKim Johansson
    Participant

Hi there!

Have you considered using a similar colour style feature as the Open Toonz “Toonz raster layer”.

In Open Toonz It´s extremely convenient to be able to work in rastor in a similar way as with vectors in the way that you can change the colours of lines and fills on all your drawn frames at any time in your process. The palette is always in sync with lines and fills which is amazing when you need to adjust a palette for any reason.

I honestly don’t know how I ever lived without this function before I discovered it! I Love to animate in open toonz and just want to encourage you to look at some of it’s unique and very professional workflow features.

Keep up the good work!

September 11, 2020 at 8:07 pm #3109
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Kim – thanks!

Actually I have had my own ideas on exactly that since the first Animation Paper ideas popped up. I mean the ability to keep a palette and change colors after they have been used in frames, so you can do things like adjusting colors instantly and globally after a scene have been fully painted, etc. I later found out Toonz have somewhat similar features as what I dreamed of 🙂 Anyway, this is planned and will be part of the coming alpha releases.

Cheers,
    Niels

September 11, 2020 at 10:43 pm #3110
    Kim JohanssonKim Johansson
    Participant

So glad to hear this Niels, a powerful function like this makes me even more excited about the new AP! I really like the direction this software is taking, filling a missing gap among animation softwares.

September 12, 2020 at 8:13 am #3113
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Kim! Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.