• November 4, 2022 at 4:31 pm #5106
    Dave MurrayDave Murray
    Participant

I really like the software, I’m not an animator and I’m trying to get into it and this seems perfect so far but the big drawback that’s stopping me from doing most of my initial ideas is that I can’t just lasso or use the cutter without the whole thing seizing up. Is there any word of whether this can be fixed? It would be nice to be able to copy the drawing in a new layer so that I can erase the parts that I want to change and still keep things like the head of my character the same. I’m also just using a mouse which means I can’t quickly just draw over the original drawing to create a close match. If this worked I would be non stop making things with it but without it I’m forced to realise how bad I am at drawing 🙁

November 4, 2022 at 8:32 pm #5107
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

So the “proper” way to do the next drawing is to start with a blank and use the lighttable – and trace the part you need to reuse. This way you do not multiply the data – and you won’t have any problems. Of course the lasso works as well as long as you don’t keep lassoing, stamping, lassoing, stamping, and so on many times in the same drawing.

I do appreciate that some people like to use the lasso a lot – especially of course if you are using your mouse. This is why we have now made an option for the user to drop the built up vector data. This will completely take care of your problems in your situation. You will not be able to transform and scale without some degradation/blurring (normally you can scale all you want and all lines keeps crisp and clear), but at least you will not have this locked up situation.

This will be part of our next release (alpha 8) coming soon.

Best,
    Niels

November 8, 2022 at 6:05 pm #5109
    Dave MurrayDave Murray
    Participant

Hi Niels,

Thanks for your reply, yes I don’t really have any experience and of course without a way to draw that’s the main issue for me since I was hoping to be able to cheat my way around and copy my drawings and making minor changes as I needed but I know that it wasn’t designed for people like me. I’m excited for when alpha 8 comes out!

December 3, 2022 at 1:24 am #5163
    craig baxtercraig baxter
    Participant

Hi Niels.

Being able to drop the vector data will be a great option, especially for doing rough anim.
    Would there be a way to then clean up those drawings and keep the vector data.

Thanks Craig

December 3, 2022 at 10:54 am #5164
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

We are working on this as we speak. Yes, it will be a kind of mix, so you as a user can choose to collapse a drawing up to that point. Still figuring it all out though 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.