• January 9, 2023 at 12:48 pm #5301
    Manuel BelloManuel Bello
    Participant

Hello, first of all, great work with this software! Loving it so far! Can’t wait for further updates!

Currently I have around 4 to 5 drawings, some clones and all draw with pencil. Everytime I try to CTRL+Z takes around 2 seconds to work. It’s very annoying.. Don’t know why it’s happening. I’ve been using this software for a while now, first time this is happening and already tryed with new projects and restarting computer and even reinstaling, continues with the delay everytime…

It’s not my computer specs, because I work with big 3D projects and everything works smooth.

Any fix ideas? Is it something that is happening to more people?

Thank you!! Continue with the great work

January 9, 2023 at 12:55 pm #5302
    Manuel BelloManuel Bello
    Participant

Forgot to mention some things:

Animation Paper v5.0 Alpha 7

Windows 10 Pro

It started happening suddendly.. I used sometimes the lasso tool, maybe was that. Need a fix pls, I would love to continue using this software, don’t want to change.. but this is so annoying

January 9, 2023 at 10:57 pm #5303
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for reporting this. It is not easy to guess what is causing this annoying thing. But it sounds like it is something within the drawing data, since it is stil there after restart and reload of your scene. You mention the lasso. It could be that. Did you get the warning (window coming up, if using the lasso is slow) about that?

We actually just did a “collapse” feature – maybe this will be of great help to you. This will be part of our next release (Alpha 8).

But that doesn’t help you right now. If it is the lasso-problem, then it will definitely help to simply trace your drawing onto a new blank one. You see, the slowness is within a specific drawing. If it is copied (lassoed) to others, then they will be problematic too. So add a new blank drawing, use the light table to trace your drawing onto the new blank. Then delete the old drawing. Then you will see the filesize go way down and the speed be back up to normal again – including Undo. Hopefully this is it and this will help you.

Let me know!

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags