• September 12, 2021 at 4:11 am #3924
    Corin BlackCorin Black
    Participant

Is there any  way to disable these? Thanks.

September 12, 2021 at 7:56 am #3925
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yes, go to the menu Draw -> Toggle Cursor (Crosshair/Dot). Or use keyboard shortcut , (comma).

This changes the cursor from the default crosshair with circles that shows the size of your pen/brush to just a dot that doesn’t change and is much less distracting.

I hope that feels better 🙂

Cheers,
    Niels

September 12, 2021 at 8:29 am #3928
    Corin BlackCorin Black
    Participant

No, that’s not the issue. I’m talking about this:

https://superuser.com/questions/490753/stopping-windows-from-showing-ripple-effect-when-clicking-with-digitizer-pen

The ripples show up when I’m tapping the drawing screen or I’m drawing smaller details. It happens with either cursor.

September 12, 2021 at 6:36 pm #3929
    Keymaster

Oh, sorry Corin! Haven’t experienced that or heard about that before.

It seems to be some system setting, not anything Animation Paper related. From the link you shared I find this:

“On Windows 10 this is very easy to do. Go to Settings > Devices > Pen and turn off Show Visual Effects”

Does that take care of the problem?

Cheers,
    Niels

September 13, 2021 at 2:02 am #3930
    Corin BlackCorin Black
    Participant

I’m on Windows 8, sadly. I don’t experience this on other drawing or animation software. Not really a deal breaker but could be a big deal if more people complain about it.

September 13, 2021 at 6:43 am #3931
    Keymaster

Sure. And I can imagine how irritating and distracting it must be. Would it be possible for you to record a small video of this effect? Or do a screenshot for me? Just so I have a clear understanding of how it looks if others get the same problem. If it is not too much trouble, please email it to me. My email is the one sending you your activation key.

Another thing: Are you by any chance on a touch screen laptop? I mean not using a Wacom Cintiq or similar external tablet?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.