• April 19, 2022 at 6:11 pm #4645
    Sam WSam W
    Participant

I think this is my last enhancement request, I did a search and I don’t think this has been mentioned. Or maybe I’m not good at searching, but anyway:

It would be something similar to how other software like Adobe Illustrator works with artboards. So the scene size is more of a mask and you can unmask it for drawing larger backgrounds for panoramas. Unsure how that will hinder the performance though but it’s just a thought.

Would also like to see layer groups, would really help with this kind of stuff. Especially when colouring gets added. Would be useful for organization in general. Could just collapse columns together and expand them when needed.

April 19, 2022 at 6:32 pm #4646
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you once more Sam! Much appreciated.

I know it is not the same, but in a way, your first point is somewhat doable already. I mean, you can draw outside the frame – or stamp down floating selections outside too. Then pick it all up and scale it down or move it gradually into frame again if needed.

Layer groups has been mentioned by others too. It makes a lot of sense – and it is on our todolist for future releases.

Cheers,
    Niels

April 19, 2022 at 6:44 pm #4647
    Sam WSam W
    Participant

Yes! I did notice this so if it’s possible just allowing the masking around the document to be turned off or lowered would be helpful. Again, not sure how performance would like this but it would make it easier to do larger backgrounds.

You know, it’s odd cause I did specifically search “Layer groups” and nothing popped up.

April 19, 2022 at 7:20 pm #4648
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m sure you are right and nothing is to be found here on layer groups. I get these suggestions everywhere 🙂 Social media, YouTube, email, DM, etc.

April 19, 2022 at 7:41 pm #4649
    Sam WSam W
    Participant

Hah, okay well now it’s officially mentioned in the forums 😛

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.