• April 23, 2020 at 5:41 am #2554
    nate checotsnate checots
    Participant

Hello, when using the program about 90% of the time I’m having some very serious lag when drawing. I’m using a pretty powerful Wacom computer tablet, a MobileStudio Pro 13″, and none of my other drawing apps/animation programs give me any lag at all. Its making drawing very difficult, and the program is almost unusable.

I’ve restarted my computer whenever I have lag, but its been very persistent now, for the entirety that I’ve been using the application.

Other than this I’m a huge fan, Its just unfortunate for me at the moment to struggle with this.

Thank you! Keep up the good work, I’m excited for the future updates.

April 23, 2020 at 6:34 am #2556
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for reporting this Nate. This doesn’t sound like fun. We will have to fix this.

Please tell me, does it lag right from the start (when Animation Paper is started)? Or are you able to do some drawing or other work first before the lag sets in?

April 23, 2020 at 6:46 pm #2560
    nate checotsnate checots
    Participant

It’s pretty much as soon as I start it, I can draw without lag for maybe 10 seconds or so and then it seems to stay for the remainder I’m using the program.

I shouldn’t say the program is unusable, everything else about it keeps me going through the lag, cause even with this issue I think the program is miles ahead of the other stuff I’ve used.

Maybe its my computer, I don’t see anyone else experiencing this issue, either way if this gets worked out then I’ll be off to the races. 🙂

Thanks for everything so far Niels!

April 23, 2020 at 6:55 pm #2561
    Nicholas SimmerNicholas Simmer
    Participant

I’m having the same problem too. As soon as I start to draw loosely and fast circles/curves, it starts to delay for at least 2/7 seconds until it catches up to the cursor. I’m using a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet in case you’re wondering.

April 24, 2020 at 8:34 am #2573
    Keymaster

OK, thanks a lot both of you. We will look into this.

April 30, 2020 at 9:32 am #2730
    Ni NiNi Ni
    Participant

I witnessed the lag few times when I run photoshop or maya in the background.
    also the grid visibility is very low to see. https://imgur.com/pAVqtem

Animation paper Alpha 2
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Xp pen deco 01

April 30, 2020 at 10:16 am #2732
    Keymaster

Hi Ni Ni – That grid looks to me as intended. Would you rather have it more visible? It shouldn’t be too intrusive in my opinion.

April 30, 2020 at 4:48 pm #2735
    Ni NiNi Ni
    Participant

Yeah Neils, It would be better if it’s a little more visible. I can hardly see it when the monitor brightness is over 60%.

April 30, 2020 at 9:21 pm #2738
    Keymaster

OK, it seems quite visible on my monitor – but monitors are different, so we might need to turn up the lines a bit. And we need to have a setting in preferences somewhere, so people can adjust as they please. Thanks, Ni Ni.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags