• October 12, 2021 at 8:53 pm #3961
    GeovitkiGeovitki
    Participant

I just downloaded Animation Paper for the first time and I’m new to animation software, but the Draw function doesn’t work. I briefly looked around some other posts for any solutions but nothing helped. Because both the mouse and tablet don’t work, I don’t believe these are the issue, but I will include them anyways if you need their information. Another side note is that jpg images don’t upload to this website, so I had to use png images for my icon and background.

Computer Description

Notebook Computer: Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 with an Intel Celeron CPU 1007U @1.5 GHZ (Includes Graphics)

RAM: (2x) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz DDR3L CL11 DIMM 1.35V HX318LC11FB/8

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Mouse: Havit HV-MS745

Tablet: Wacom CTE-430/W

Animation Paper Version: v5.0 Alpha 4.2

October 13, 2021 at 7:18 am #3962
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the information. Can you tell me a little more? I mean, the drawing tool doesn’t work (neither mouse nor tablet). But in what way? Do you not get a line at all, when you try to draw? Does the buttons/GUI work? I am guessing other drawing software is working fine, please confirm this too.

Sorry for all the questions, but it all helps us finding the problem and a solution. 🙂

Cheers,
    Niels

October 13, 2021 at 7:23 pm #3963
    GeovitkiGeovitki
    Participant

First, I think I may have had 4.8.8.0 instead of 4.2, as I later found that version number listed as well and I just downloaded it.

Animation Paper as a program appeared to be working completely fine, so I was able to click on all of the Drawing tools and their settings. When I click my mouse or press my stylus on my tablet to draw a line, no line is drawn. It’s like Animation Paper doesn’t recognize that I’m trying to input a command. I’ve never had this issue in any other drawing software either. I’m also assuming that the Eraser tools and more also have this issue but I couldn’t test the Eraser tool with nothing to erase. I hope this all helps to narrow down where to begin searching.

October 13, 2021 at 10:34 pm #3964
    Keymaster

Thanks very much. That is very helpful. I’ll investigate!

October 14, 2021 at 10:45 am #3965
    Keymaster

Hi again Geovitki. We have a theory 🙂 Could I ask you to draw a few “lines” in AP – I know they will not appear, but still just do it. Then save it as an .ap file and email it to me? Then we can check the file and hopefully get some answers.

My email is the one you got your activation key from.

Thanks a lot!
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.