• July 21, 2021 at 11:03 pm #3789
    A ScottA Scott
    Participant

Hi

I’m a cartoonist and graphic designer that’s always enjoyed animating on the side in a small way and I’m hoping that suggesting an animated gif export option is not considered too small a thing in a sophisticated tool like animation paper.

I’ve not found any gif animation software that is a patch on animation paper and those I’ve found and tried have been unsatisfactory. They seem to be designed mostly for people who can’t draw. So When the animation urge strikes I use my ancient laptop which is on it’s last legs (has to be connected to power, batteries bust and screen’s bust, so also needs to be connected to external monitor). It runs my old Adobe Software suite before they went down the rental route and I moved to alternatives.

I usually fire up Flash or Fireworks and even Photoshop on occasion. Their old save for web gif option with timings for frames, compression controls and its preview I find very satisfactory.

I realise this might be like asking for pedals on a motorbike – but if you don’t ask…

Cheers

Alan Scott

July 21, 2021 at 11:48 pm #3790
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for asking Alan! 😉

I believe exporting as animated gif is a very relevant feature and actually it is already on our todo list for this alpha stage.

But thanks for reminding me of its importance.

Best,
    Niels

July 23, 2021 at 12:03 am #3794
    A ScottA Scott
    Participant

Cheers. Good to hear. I will be buying Animation Paper once it’s live.

July 23, 2021 at 10:06 pm #3795
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Much appreciated – Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.