• April 5, 2024 at 3:41 am #6535
    Angelo CaballeroAngelo Caballero
    Participant

Hello everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve used PAP 4.0 and I decided today to try to finish up a small animation loop was making. I was gonna export it to test it but I’ve forgotten how to export the animation with all layers included. I know there’s an option to enable this when exporting as I’ve done it before. Does anyone know where I can find this option?

April 5, 2024 at 4:09 am #6536
    Participant

Never mind, just figured it out. Turns out I just had to merge the layers prior to exporting.

April 5, 2024 at 7:18 am #6537
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I’m happy you found a solution, Angelo! I was worried I wasn’t able to help you, because PAP 4.0 is 20 years old and with all the new Animation Paper 5.0 development I can’t remember such details 😀

Have you tried any of the alpha releases of Animation Paper yet?

Best,
    Niels

April 5, 2024 at 11:10 pm #6543
    Participant

Haha, understandable if you couldn’t find the solution but dang I never knew it was 20 years old.

I’ll be honest I’ve never tried Animation Paper, not to say I don’t plan to but I do want to finish this small animation loop before switching over. I like challenging myself to use older software with limited features, just to see if I can make something good with what I have.

April 6, 2024 at 12:17 pm #6546
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Understandable. And then Animation Paper will be a relief when you finally switch over. 😉 Even though stuff will be somewhat different and therefore habits have to be unlearned.

Fun info – First version of Plastic Animation Paper was actually done in 1996. Over a period of 8 years we developed it and lot’s of people loved and used it for professional music videos, TV series, commercials and even feature films. But at some point we had to abandon it, it was getting old (just look at the UI!) :D, so we decided to release it for everybody and make it free. Many years later I decided to start over and create the modern and much improved version of it, found the right partners – and here we are. Soon releasing the finished Animation Paper v5.0 and hopefully start getting some income 😉 Then we of course keep developing it towards v6.0 and also expanding it to iPad and Android devices.

Anyway. Thanks for using our software – old or new! 😉

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.