• May 13, 2024 at 3:05 pm #6615
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

Working on a project.
    I got done with the main keyframes and audio sync.
    Now i have to save it into a .mov/.mp4 clip to turn in for progress checks at school. (Apparently they cannot handle/open .ap files? and i absolutely refuse to work with adobe’s Animate because it just isn’t friendly.) Sadly it doesn’t seem to be doing the thing it needs to.
    I can tick all the needed boxes in the menu and click to export. All that works nicely. But no matter what options i tick or leave as-is, the progress bar goes nowhere, doesn’t move from 0%. I don’t think that my file would be so ginormous (it is 21.5mb) that it couldn’t load a single bit of conversion in 5 minutes’ time. I’m wondering what’s up with that?
    I don’t want to shimmy around with pushing the frames into png and then another program to reattach them… Wondering what the soulution would be.
    Regards
    Shebun

May 13, 2024 at 3:28 pm #6616
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Do you have the latest version (Alpha 8)? This sounds like a problem we had earlier, that got fixed with Alpha 8. Please let me know which version you are using.

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://animationpaper.com/download-pre-release/

If you did indeed use an older version, please go ahead and install the latest. Your AP file will load just fine in the new version, but hopefully you will now be able to export without any problems.

Thanks,
    Niels

May 13, 2024 at 7:25 pm #6617
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

I remember having downloaded the newest release. I do see and can freely use most new features within the update…. I’ll install it again for an extra measure to see if it helps.

Regards

Shebun

May 13, 2024 at 7:33 pm #6618
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

Hrm.  Didn’t do the trick….

What now?

Regards

Shebun

May 13, 2024 at 10:05 pm #6619
    Keymaster

Let’s see if I can export it here on my computer. It aught to work equally well on both our computers, but something is obviously wrong. So it will be intersting to see if your files can export correctly here or not. If you don’t mind? Please send your ap files to me (Niels). You already have my email address – it’s the one you got your activation key from. (I don’t write it here because of spambots picking it up).

If it works for me, I can of course send the working mp4 files back to you. And hopefully we can find out what the problem is too and fix it.

Thanks a lot for all your help and feedback!

Best,
    Niels

May 13, 2024 at 10:08 pm #6620
    Keymaster

BTW: If your ap files are large, please use wetransfer.com or some other means to get them to me.

May 16, 2024 at 9:21 am #6621
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for sending over your ap file. I have exported it successfully to mp4 including the audio and emailed it back to you. So apparently the issue is not with the file, but probably because of some anomaly in your setup. Of course we want everything to work fully (also on your computer), so I will be discussing this with Frederik (lead programmer) and get back to you…

May 16, 2024 at 1:22 pm #6622
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

I tried other export options just out of curiosity. Apparently the video options are the only ones incapable of doing the conversion for me. OCA took some time to load but did give me a folder of folders of frames (sadly i do not know how to work with that), GIF also converted though there is nothing to say about the timing and quality being alive in that one (i am well aware that gifs were never meant to handle animation projects like that)
    And for some reason the video file that i got back from you has lost its audio sync just a little bit even though it was well-set within the program’s playback. Good enough that it doesn’t matter all that much for a mere progress report file. Still wondering how those things happen…
    Oddities all around, technology does not favour me.

May 16, 2024 at 1:36 pm #6623
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to me with this. Appreciated.

Haha, know the feeling about technology 😉

Strange that the audio isn’t in complete sync when you play the mp4.

We are getting pretty close to releasing an update (Alpha 8.1) – mostly a lot of updating internal libraries, fixing bugs, etc. This update might fix the problem you face exporting with sound. So let’s see. It will be soon…

May 16, 2024 at 2:24 pm #6624
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

Alright, sounds cool.
    Our animation teacher forgot to inform us of the deadline, but it is estimated to be somewhere around mid-june.
    Hopefully, by then, the 8.1 version will have launched and fixed whatever it is that is messing up my pc’s capability to have AP export the video file as-is.
    If that doesn’t happen yet, what other options would i have to get my frames and audio data into a single nice sound-on-video-file?

one more thing i tested- the video conversion will not work even if i have just a handful of drawn-on frames, so it is unlikely to be from the file size loading issues that i’d had a couple years back.

May 16, 2024 at 3:31 pm #6625
    Keymaster

Other options would include installing Animation Paper on a friends computer and export your ap file from there. Also you are welcome to send your files to me, so I can do it. But of course the easiest would be to just have it work on your own system. Hopefully we are ready with the update in time for your deadline.

I think you are right about it not having to do with the size of the file/animation. Thanks for testing it though and letting me know.

June 22, 2024 at 9:03 am #6738
    Questions HereShebun
    Participant

Hi

I sent you an email with the finished-enough file that i’d like to have converted to mp4 again.

Cheers
    Shebun

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.