• August 28, 2021 at 12:14 pm #3897
    Empowering ArtsEmpowering Arts
    Participant

Draw within Lasso Area: I’ve just discovered what a time saver the lasso tool is in digital drawing and painting.  It’s also a bridge towards clean lines common to vector tools and a great help when auto-vectorising.

AI Frame Interpolation Integration: I’m seen a lot of great results and efficiency boost from people using AI to fill in the in-between frames. Would make longer animation easier to do for sure.

p.s great work on the app!

August 28, 2021 at 7:07 pm #3898
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for your suggestions!

If I’m not asking for too much of your time, could you explain a bit more on how the draw-within-lasso-area benefits? I mean, I do understand how it should work technically, but I am interested in how it could help you saving time, giving cleaner lines, etc?

AI is so exciting right now. It would be amazing to build in all kinds of AI enhanced features. And actually we are planning to do just that in the near future. Including looking into automatic inbetweening, if it can be done well.

Cheers,
    Niels

August 28, 2021 at 10:41 pm #3899
    Empowering ArtsEmpowering Arts
    Participant

Hi, happy to contribute suggestions, no bother at all!

About lasso: I may be late to the party, but I’ve only just discovered lasso as a drawing and painting tool, after 20+ years using it just to move things around and extract pieces. The feeling of not having to worry about going over a line is liberating to say the least! As someone who has drawn his whole live, I’ve always had that constant concern and a very real time penalty too; as drawing erasing, then redrawing a line and being careful while using large brushes does take extra time. With lasso, the stress and getting a perfect line or textured/coloured area is much reduced. I think for many digital artists, and concept artists especially, this particular tool is just a usual part of an efficient workflow and they may be less effective its not there, especially on larger projects.

August 29, 2021 at 7:42 pm #3901
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, I see. Thanks for explaining. So it is a masking technique, which I know many artists use all the time. But I am not sure how relevant it would be for the animator (?).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.