• February 4, 2023 at 10:06 am #5383
    Javi CuestaJavi Cuesta
    Participant

It´ll be hyper awesome if you could add a fill color under the lines in the same layer without creating any new layer.

It could may be another tool just to “paint behind”.

Let´s dream!

Your program is awesome by the way 🙂

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Javi Cuesta.
    February 4, 2023 at 11:07 am #5385
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Javi,

Paint and fill is, as you probably already are aware, coming fairly soon. My plan is to have paint layers, so you can have your line on top of your painted areas. Also, technically, the two kinds of layers are quite different, so there are many good reasons to let them stay separate. Of course when you fill, it will respect the boundaries of the lines in what ever layers you choose. We have plenty of ideas and plans for how it’s all going to work. And about half of the work have already been done.

But I would love to understand better what exactly it is you are asking. I mean, you want a fill tool, that fills behind the line in the same layer. Understood. But why? Let me know why this is important to you? I need to understand your thoughts and workflow, to decide if I need to change anything in my plans. 😉 Please explain. Thanks!

February 4, 2023 at 5:00 pm #5386
    Javi CuestaJavi Cuesta
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I was thinking in how it would work for quick storyboard panels and maybe use animation paper for storyboarding short scenes. With one brush set in “paint behind” mode you can draw, first the line, then a quick shadow and then fill it, all in one layer and with one tool, only changing colors. I thought this would give a fairly decent finished look for storyboarding and it would make it super easy and quick to do. Having it in one layer keep things more manageable when you have more than one character in the scene.

I didn´t know painting features were coming, you keep doing this software very very good!

February 4, 2023 at 5:32 pm #5388
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

I regularly use Tahoma2D and in the one of the nightly builds there is the option to set the fill tool to “refer visible”.

This means that when you have two layers, a layer that contains the lines and under that a layer where you do the painting in , you can use the fill tool to fill closed shapes the exits in the lines layer.

This is what I used when I imported the drawings from Animation Paper into Tahoma2D for coloring.

Bert

February 4, 2023 at 5:40 pm #5389
    Javi CuestaJavi Cuesta
    Participant

This is the kind of result I was thinking. Just two layers, one tool and picking different colors for each thing (line, shadow, fill)

February 4, 2023 at 11:52 pm #5391
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Much appreciated – both of you Javi and Bert. Will give it some thought. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.