• April 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm #2462
    randall Haginrandall Hagin
    Participant

I’ve worked on this for about three hours. Loving it so far because it is so simple. I read this program may be on the ipad which makes me super excited as that is my go to machine to paint with. Cant wait till it’s my go to animation machine. Keep up the great work because this has been one of the best alpha programs I’ve tested and I have yet to crash it. Only issue I’ve ran across was a memory issue from using the lasso or cut tool to many times.

Animation Paper round 1

Here is a 2min video of me messing with animation paper. I played with it for about three hours. One of those hours was me fixing the animation because my wife told me my son does not hold his fuggler doll like I had it. Besides learning how the program works and finding the best way to speed up my flow. It was pretty fun and I read he is planning to port it to the iPad which I'm all for since I'm trying to move that way. Procreate and Animation Paper only other program you need is a video sequencer. Enjoy!

Slået op af Hagin Studio i Mandag den 13. april 2020

April 14, 2020 at 3:44 pm #2463
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Randall! And thanks for showing your animation.

Yeah, the iPad version will be awesome. Can’t wait my self. 😉 Thanks for letting me know about the lasso-thing.

April 15, 2020 at 5:31 am #2474
    randall Haginrandall Hagin
    Participant

Just finished getting it to a point where I could polish it if I wanted. I learned a neat trick that was not mention in the tutorial videos. If you copy and paste a frame it makes it reference to the all the frames. But for example if you want to copy a whole person and change maybe a simple arm but also add a smirk. The lasso gets upset if you use it to many times. Then just copy,paste and press O to make it into an original frame. It un-reference the frame which allows you to change it without messing up the other frames. Enjoy!

Just wanted to get this to a almost polish finished. It was pretty fun and a great learning experience. But the one…

Slået op af Hagin StudioTirsdag den 14. april 2020

April 15, 2020 at 11:41 am #2476
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Nice find re the memory/lasso issue! Animation looks great!

April 16, 2020 at 12:33 pm #2484
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s exactly right Randall! The best way to copy a drawing, so you can alter it, is to clone it and hit O. No need to use the lasso for that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.