• April 11, 2020 at 5:09 am #2360
    Mateusz GarbulinskiMateusz Garbulinski
    Participant

Hey Neils.

Spend the last couple of days getting to know your program and I think it’s great! I could see myself using this over anything available right now. Super sleek and feature light makes it a great alternative for paper.

I do have one suggestion and it has to do with the FLIPPING MODES.

One thing that makes the workflow a little slow for me is the amount of different key assignments for flipping associated with each mode.

Currently you have three modes of flipping. Sorry, don’t mean to tell you what already know 😉 Just keeping others in mind as I try to explain my suggestion.

– STEP
    – SKIPPING CLONES
    – KEYS ONLY

I was hoping to eliminate the hand travel between these three modes and so that we can keep our eyes on the drawings and our hands on the keyboard.

One of the main things that I notice is my hand location. I like where the Q,W sits for flipping, its next to the DRAW (D), ERASER (E), SPEED DIAL (S). All accessible without ever needing to look down at your keyboard. You can feel around for those as they are all adjacent to each other, which is key (sorry, couldn’t avoid it).

This hand placement is ideal. However, I don’t think that Q and W keys short cuts will be used as frequently as SKIPPING CLONES, especially once we start timing out our animation. The issue I have with that is that the SKIPPING CLONES flipping shortcuts are on the UP, DOWN keys. This mode contorts the hand a bit and is quite unusable for fast flipping. Im using a MACBOOK PRO as my main computer and the UP, DOWN keys are half the size compared to other keys on the keyboard.

So here is my ideal flipping workflow:

Adding a TOGGLE to the flipping modes (perhaps adding the modes to the speed dial, or a key near Q,W,E,R,S,D)

Keeping the flipping to the Q,W keys across all modes.

Would you consider turning the DRAW (D) key to a TOGGLE like you have for the (.)
    ..and the ERASE (E) to a FLIPPIING toggle.

If it was to be set up this way. You could toggle between the DRAW and ERASE with one key and if possible still preserve the HOLD-D for draw settings depending on whether is the draw or eraser tool is selected at the time.

ps : if this isn’t possible. Is it possible to apply the SKIPPING CLONES mode to the LEFT and RIGHT and Q AND W keys instead of UP AND DOWN? I think these mode would be used more frequently for flipping.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for hearing me out! Great Job!

Mateusz.

April 11, 2020 at 8:45 am #2364
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for this Mateusz! Very good points! I will see what I can do to get this incorporated some how. 🙂 Thanks again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags