• October 31, 2020 at 7:13 am #3287
    Russ WielenbeckRuss Wielenbeck
    Participant

I was roughing out some keyframes for a short action animation and found that I would need to resize the canvas to fit the action moving from screen left to screen right for the size of the character I had. At first I used the lasso cut tool to resize some of the first characters on frames, but then I thought maybe I can just make the canvas bigger to give me more room to animate. Well, I went to File > Scene Settings… and adjusted the resolution from 1080p to 2k. It read on the screen that it was processing the frames, but after it finished, my second layer was gone, meaning, in the X-sheet, I could see the frames with the drawing, but they do not appear on the canvas. I’d include a screenshot, but don’t see that option in this posting.

Mac OSX 10.15.7
    Animation Paper Alpha 3.1
    Cintiq Pro 16

Hope this is clear.
    Keep up the great work! The app is coming along nicely!

October 31, 2020 at 9:07 pm #3288
    Participant

Ok, after closing the file and NOT saving it and then after about a half day opening it back up and trying the same procedure as before, it seems to have worked as expected. I can’t explain why it did that the first time though.

November 1, 2020 at 9:58 pm #3289
    Participant

Not out of the woods on this one… it’s related to the LASSO CUT TOOL AFTER resizing the scene…
    After resizing the scene as described above, I proceeded to use the lasso cut tool to move and resize the image on the frame. Making sure to carefully trace outside the boundaries of the sketch (because at first I thought I was too quick to draw the lasso around the image), the lasso selection cuts off a portion of the selection. If I give it an unusual amount of space outside the boundary of the image, it’s OK, but this is outside of the normal selection behavior one would expect in doing things like this.

The steps to recreate:
    1. New Scene > pick 1080p
    2. Draw a rectangle anywhere on the screen
    3. File > Scene settings… > choose 2k > OK
    4. Choose the lasso cut tool > draw a lasso around the outside of the rectangle in a natural way (i.e. rounded corners ore perhaps even a little oval shaped
    5. You should notice perhaps the lower left of the rectangle shaved off in the corner (at least that’s what’s happening to me).

That’s all.

November 5, 2020 at 9:51 am #3293
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Russ,

First of all, sorry for my slow responce!

Wow, that is quality bug reporting! Thank you! I was able to recreate it here – I had to go from 1280×720 to 2K for it to happen here, but it did. That makes it very easy for us to fix it. Thank you again Russ!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.