• April 4, 2020 at 5:18 pm #1967
    Czes PachelaCzes Pachela
    Participant

Any chance of developing a textured brush library? Maybe even a brush engine? Just a thought.
    Loving this software. Well done Niels and team.

April 4, 2020 at 6:28 pm #1976
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sure. A real brush system is first on our list for the next big version (like v6.0 – not alpha). Probably 2021.

Most obvious would be to support the Photoshop brush format, so we could utilise all the great brushes that have been made for Photoshop. However that is not necessarily easy or even possible to do. We will do our best to make it happen though! You see, the challenge is that the Animation Paper line engine is special with its ability to scale without any degradation or blur. That’s not like any other bitmap based engines.

April 7, 2020 at 8:29 pm #2277
    Czes PachelaCzes Pachela
    Participant

Excellent news Niels. I’m sure your software will be a great hit. A constant development regime is important. The involvement of customers and listening to their opinions and suggestions has already proven it’s worth with companies like the very successful Affinity Serif product line namely Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher.

Keep up the good work!

April 7, 2020 at 9:27 pm #2280
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks Czes! Yes, I love Affinity designer! I used it for all design in Animation Paper, graphics and GUI.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.