• February 1, 2023 at 10:41 am #5367
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

I drawing in Animation Paper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SGf-FJs8hg

Then I exported it in OCA format and imported this in Tahoma2D to do the coloring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjD7i64lDY8

I like Animation Paper very much! And I am looking forward to do the coloring in Animation Paper as well.

Bert

February 1, 2023 at 10:44 am #5371
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Beautiful work Bert! Thanks for showing it.

And I am very pleased that your OCA export/import seemed to work without any hiccups. I haven’t had too much feedback on that tbh. Was it a good and easy transfer (Animation Paper to Tahoma2D)?

Cheers,
    Niels

February 1, 2023 at 2:31 pm #5372
    Bert WikkerinkBert Wikkerink
    Participant

Hi Niels.

It was very easy to do! This is what I did:

Draw the frames in Animation Paper. Export the frames as OCA using the png format. This creates a map with the frames as png images numbered in the correct way. In Tahoma2D just drag the first image (1_00000.png) to the canvas and choose import. This will create a new layer in Tahoma2D with all the frames. In Tahoma2D you can edit the drawings when needed.

I tried the same thing in Opentoonz, but there seems to be a scaling issue.

In Tahoma, when you create a new smart raster level just below the imported layer, you can use the fill tool to colour the drawings. And when you are done you can even change the color in all frames at once by adjusting the color in one f the frames. I hope Animation Paper will get a similar function!

The reason I did the drawing in Animation Paper is the the intuitive interface and the excellent drawing tool! I love working in Animation Paper.

Cheers,

Bert

February 1, 2023 at 3:48 pm #5373
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the details.

And yes! We have created a similar, but very flexible, system where you can choose to have certain (or all) colors in “buckets”, so you can later change/adjust each color instantly while looking at the colored frame or whole animation. Perfect for getting all colours just right. Or even for changing the lighting environment drastically, going from say day to night.

Here’s how we see the interface look so far (this will probably change 117 times before we finish it) 😉

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.