• February 16, 2022 at 12:08 pm #4339
    Andrea SpinelliAndrea Spinelli
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Andrea, I am a professional illustrator, animator and live painter and I am writing to you from Italy.

First of all, I want to congratulate the creator of this software which I believe to be the best on the Mac platform in terms of speed, fluidity, immediacy, intuitiveness and cleanliness of the interface.

Having said that, I would like to know when the final version of the software will be released and if it will have all the potential that is not present in the software today (I mean things like the ability to choose colors, different brushes etc).

Thanks so much!
    Andrea

February 16, 2022 at 12:24 pm #4341
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Andrea!

Thanks a lot for your sweet words.

We don’t have a solid date for when we will release the final Animation Paper 5.0. But we are getting close now. We hope to be feature complete in 3 months from now. Then we will have 2-3 months of beta period to find the remaining bugs – and then we can release the final. So in fall of 2022 you will be able to purchase it for the introduction price of $79 usd.

Colors will come immediately after in a free upgrade to 5.1.

An advanced brush system (preferably compatible with PhotoShop brushes) is at the top of our wish list for the next release after the above.

There will be many smaller features coming up soon (few weeks) in the next alpha release. Things like customisation of the Tool Bar and Speed Dials.

Best,
    Niels

February 16, 2022 at 8:50 pm #4343
    Participant

Great! I’m happy to hear that soon we will be able to experience a full version of the software.

Technical question: is Animation Paper based on OpenGL libraries?

I know that OSX has ditched the OpenGL libraries and I currently work on a Macbook Pro Late 2013, Big Sur os, intel core i7 Quad Core, 16 GB RAM: I was wondering if this setup was enough to run the program well.

For now, using it, I must say that I have no overheating or slowdown problems.

Thank you!

February 16, 2022 at 11:33 pm #4344
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Your setup is plenty. I wouldn’t expect any problems.

And the best test for any setup, is to just try it, as you have done. I mean, from the current alpha 5 version to the final version, there will be no difference in hardware requirements, so if you find it running well now, you will find it running well with the final too.

Best,
    Niels

February 18, 2022 at 10:01 am #4345
    Participant

Thanks for the answer Niels, I can’t wait to try the full software.

Soon!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.