• February 4, 2023 at 3:06 am #5381
    kale yeskale yes
    Participant

so i had finished an animation and had exported it to an oca file so i can put it in krita and colour it. although it was easy to export the animation and import it into krita. it hadnt saved how long the frames stayed on screen (clones). so that messed up the timing, and im not sure how to fix this. unless im mistaken wasnt it supposed to keep in the clones?

also i apologize if this was worded strange i wasnt sure how to word it best :p

February 4, 2023 at 8:09 am #5382
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Kale,

Yes, that is exactly what exporting as OCA is supposed to do. Keep the timing, with information about clones (held drawings and reused drawings) as well as information about layer structure, etc.

If this didn’t transfer over, then something clearly went wrong. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Would you mind sending me (a link to) both your ap file and your exported OCA data? My email address is the one you got your activation key from. I want to know what went wrong in this process and then I can hopefully help you to get it correctly transferred.

Cheers,
    Niels

February 4, 2023 at 11:58 pm #5392
    Keymaster

Hi again Kale,

Just wanted to let you know that I got your files. Thank you! I also checked them and they seem to be just fine both of them. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I will have to download Krita and try importing here and see how it goes. Will get back to you!

Best,
    Niels

February 5, 2023 at 12:40 am #5393
    kale yeskale yes
    Participant

Thanks for the update Niels!

February 5, 2023 at 7:02 am #5394
    kale yeskale yes
    Participant

Hi again! i messed around with the settings some and was able to find the “add hold frames automatically” option. this had fixed my original problem. so now it has the clones! but i just noticed another problem. i have a small looping animation in it, and it doesnt loop the animation. and im unable to find any settings to help fix this.

btw i also tried both the “openEXR” and “png” option for file types, that still didnt do anything.

February 5, 2023 at 11:52 am #5395
    Keymaster

Yeah, the file format will not make a difference. But great you found the hold frames option.

It should be possible to have the reused (looping) frames go through as well. But this is on the Krita side. I will have a look my self…

February 5, 2023 at 8:04 pm #5396
    kale yeskale yes
    Participant

Hi! i was sort of able to make a work around of the last problem i had. I just made all the copied frames in the looping animations originals in animation paper, and then exported it as oca. it took  a little longer to import than before but now it keeps the looping animation!   i do have a longer animation i want to colour (about 2 minutes.) so this would be a little annoying to go through and do that.  i’ll try Tahoma2D with that instead!

February 6, 2023 at 6:54 am #5398
    Keymaster

Yeah, it would be better if Krita just respected reused frames – I seemed to remember it actually did that, but I might be wrong. I’m glad you find a workaround, but of course having to do more colouring work is not exactly optimal workflow. 😉 Thanks for letting me know!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.